Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so last night i'm out with some friends playin in the snow...:hspin: My car spins out then dies, i smell fuel. I try starting the car with no luck, so i try again finally fires up takes a sec to get going rite though. I was worried at first cause i could smell fuel but the smell goes away. Car runs great now no light or nothing.
Driving home i noticed i had half a tank. About half way home i noticed that my fuel gauge was dropping pretty fast. Then it started to go back up towards the half tank mark.

What would cause this to happen? Did i build up to much pressure and mess something up? :uh:

·
BCS = t3h suck
1,393 Posts
Fuel pressure is pretty much a constant. You might have damaged the float on the fuel sender when you were driving in the snow. I am going to guess that since the fuel smell went away you probably flooded the motor or some fuel came out of the vent located on top of the fuel tank.

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
Fuel pressure is pretty much a constant. You might have damaged the float on the fuel sender when you were driving in the snow. I am going to guess that since the fuel smell went away you probably flooded the motor or some fuel came out of the vent located on top of the fuel tank.
:agreed:
that would be my guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts