Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand new in box with instructions, never used, I'm throwing in the cam gear seals and crank seal along with a pick removal kit to remove the old seals. Box is just dirty from sitting on a shelf. Everything needed to do a full timing job complete with water pump and all tensioners and adjusters.

Price $80 picked up or + shipping. Buyer pays shipping.

Also have brand new front and rear Sunsong brake lines never used. Price $20 picked up or + shipping. Buyer pays shipping.

Located in 08869 Raritan NJ. Accept PayPal or cash only. OBO. If interested pm here or text for fastest reply @ 484-903-8847 and ask for Dave. Thank you.

·
New To Site
38 Posts
I believe he was serious ... I have heard horror stories of seals going bad just sitting on a shelf .. I guess the compound its made from breaks down over time.. This is a really good deal for the parts tho ..

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These parts are NOT made upon ordering. These parts, as most others, including seals, but not limited to just seals, sit on shelves at warehouses and stores for God only knows how long.

I am only getting rid of because I don't need it. There's nothing wrong with it and I can assure that none of the seals have cracked while sitting in a box.

How long has it been sitting? In my own personal possession probably around a year. Bought it for the possibility I'd need and or have to use it and ended up not. How long prior was all of this sitting? Whenever Timken and Gates manufactured and boxed the parts up in mass production...the car is almost 20 years old...it could have been sitting for 20 years or less on a shelf. There's your answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was asking because like stated above seals dry out. I wasn't trying to be rude with asking, and yes I was shocked over the extremely reasonable price. Of course I understand they sit in Warehouses for who knows how long but those warehouses are also temperature regulated so things stay fresh I'd have to assume (definitely could be wrong) where sitting in a hot garage for 20 years is a different story for the lifespan of seals or whatever. Again thank you for answering my question for how long you have had them, and again I'm sorry if you thought I was being rude with asking. Was not my intention.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't think anyone was being rude. Just shocked someone would assume I'd sell crap. Been on this site a long time and have been a great seller, can look me up in that section of the forum.

At any rate all of the packaging states to keep in a dry area. Doesn't specify anything for temperature conditions. Ever still I'll add pics of each seal to show they're perfectly fine in all ways.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pm sent

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still for sale bump. Please don't waste my time msging interest if you're just gonna ghost me.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Timing belt kit SOLD!

Brake lines still for sale.

Reactions: Murkrow
1 - 12 of 12 Posts