Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 eclipse. Recently I installed a set of indiglos and broke the little pin that keeps the tach needle @ 0RPM. Is there anyway to fix it? replacement pin? anything?

·
Registered
223 Posts
The whole gauge comes out (it looks like a ball of copper wire with stuff on it), but you have to pull of the gauge face and remove the clear plastic underneath it, or you can replace the whole gauge cluster. I'd start calling local yards to see if they have the gauge.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
All you need is a new gauge face. Remove the indiglos (main portion only - with the tach), remove the stock gauge face, replace the stock gauge face with one that has a good "stopper pin", then reinstall the indiglos. I have glued the pin back in place but it never lasts like that. I have had no probles without the pin, except for the way it looks.

You could get a new cluster from a junkyard and pull the face out of that or you could contact Mitsu directly and order a brand new one. I imagine they would be somewhat cheap (under $50 I would hope).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thught i would have to get an entire cluster just for that.. ill go look around :) thanks guys

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
i thught i would have to get an entire cluster just for that.. ill go look around :) thanks guys
I'm not positive that Mitsu will sell just the gauge face but its worth a shot. The cost of an entire cluster from them would probably be $300-600. A junkyard will be your best bet but I'd call Mitsu about getting just the gauge face 1st. If they sell it by itself then I would go that route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts