Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 GTS Spyder
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 3G when it first came out in 2000. Wow did I love that car. I forget the precise color, might have been Ruby Red Pearl, if that was a thing. In any case, I had the car for less than a year when we expecting our first child, and my wife made me get rid of it because it wasn't baby seat-friendly. I bitched about that for 20 years and finally decided to find another one. My wife said that was fine if that meant she was finally off the hook and I'd stop crying about it. ;-) I found one up in Wisconsin about 2 months ago and bought it on the spot (this time it was a 2003 GTS Spyder, so.. upgrade!). It was in decent shape but needed a new blower (there was a mouse nest it it) and new AC compressor. So far, the only mods are cold air intake and a Magnaflow cat back exhaust. Needs some paint touch-up but the bra hides the worst of it. Next spring, maybe suspension and new 18" tires. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the 3G when it first came out in 2000. Wow did I love that car. I forget the precise color, might have been Ruby Red Pearl, if that was a thing. In any case, I had the car for less than a year when we expecting our first child, and my wife made me get rid of it because it wasn't baby seat-friendly. snaptube vidmate I bitched about that for 20 years and finally decided to find another one. My wife said that was fine if that meant she was finally off the hook and I'd stop crying about it. ;-) I found one up in Wisconsin about 2 months ago and bought it on the spot (this time it was a 2003 GTS Spyder, so.. upgrade!). It was in decent shape but needed a new blower (there was a mouse nest it it) and new AC compressor. So far, the only mods are cold air intake and a Magnaflow cat back exhaust. Needs some paint touch-up but the bra hides the worst of it. Next spring, maybe suspension and new 18" tires. Any other suggestions?
I don't know about Eclipses specifically, but I know that Mitsubishis in general have poor reliability. Aside from that, they build decent cars. You're aware that the Eclipse GT is a front-wheel drive, right? It's more or less a dressed up Civic. Not that that's bad, just depends on what you're going to use it for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi there! Nice, clean Eclipse. Keep it up!

Is that an OEM bumper nose mask/bra ? If yes, how did you clip it? Mine did not fit at all..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know about Eclipses specifically, but I know that Mitsubishis in general have poor reliability. Aside from that, they build decent cars. You're aware that the Eclipse GT is a front-wheel drive, right? It's more or less a dressed up Civic. Not that that's bad, just depends on what you're going to use it for.
Umm, are you aware GT has a V6 engine? ;)

·
Registered
424 Posts
kinda odd you say they have poor reliability, when reliability is in the hands of the owner. how often do you do maintenance? If a problem comes up do you take care of it right away or do you prolong it making something else’s go bad with it? People that have unreliable cars are people that don’t take care of the vehicle. Of course there are different variables that go along with different manufacturers but ultimately it’s in the hands of the owner.

as far as a dressed up civic all I can do is LOL everyone has their own preferences of what they want and what they wanna do, don’t be that guy trying to act like you have it all and try to down grade someone for what they like or what they are doing. We are all here for the community of the 3g as the sites name club3g “even though this site is pretty much on life support” but I still love my 3g even if it’s a POS cheers

·
Registered
337 Posts
this makes me wonder whatever happened to my 3g. I sold it about 7 years ago to a guy near Galveston. About 2 years after that I saw it up on craigslist and that was it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts