Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Faster than a turtle
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a couple of days ago I ordered a roll of glossy 3M di-noc carbon fiber wrap to try it out on some stuff. I never been a fan of carbon fiber vinyls or decals that have a carbon fiber "look", but this one really makes wrapped things look a lot sexier and not cheap IMO. :agreed:

LINK TO THE STORE: 3M-Dinoc Store items - Get great deals on Scotchprint 1080 CF12, 3M CA421 items on eBay Stores!

Here is some pictures of my alloy fuel door.

Im really happy with the outcome. :ndance:

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
The DiNoc wrap has been pretty popular on the 350Z boards, lots of guys wrapping their interior pieces, roof, etc. Seems nice, and I agree that it doesn't look like cheapie checked fake CF that I've seen for years. How difficult was it to wrap, and what was the process?

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
It does look good. But i wish you would have made it look continuous. ( the doors "CF" weave is cockeyed to the outside frame)

:lol: I dont think i have ever typed cockeyed before.....feels dirty to type

·
Faster than a turtle
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The DiNoc wrap has been pretty popular on the 350Z boards, lots of guys wrapping their interior pieces, roof, etc. Seems nice, and I agree that it doesn't look like cheapie checked fake CF that I've seen for years. How difficult was it to wrap, and what was the process?
Yeah same here, I always thought that fake CF made things looks cheapie and stuff but I deciced to try the dinoc wrap and I really like it. I did some more interior parts as well, I'll post pictures later. And It was really really simple, its like a decal. The roll that I bought has adhesive on the back so its like puting a decal on. Really simple, I just took the part that I was going to wrap apart, clean it with some glassclean.lol cut the material that was needed and wrapped it like if I was wrapping a christmas presents. :lol:

Did you use a heat fun for it?
No the roll that I bought has adhesive on the back so its really simple to apply. I'll post a link to the store where I bought it on the first post. :yesway:

Although I would never do any type of carbon fiber that looks really good.
I like it :)

It does look good. But i wish you would have made it look continuous. ( the doors "CF" weave is cockeyed to the outside frame)

:lol: I dont think i have ever typed cockeyed before.....feels dirty to type
I didn't even notice that.lol oh well.. :dunno:

and yeah it sounds dirty as well :blush2: :lol:

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,426 Posts
That looks really good. I'm going to have to get some to redo my gas lid.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
I have worked with this stuff as well, but not for wrapping, but for decals. It is great stuff to use, and it molds and bends great. I did the "HEMI" decals for the side of my truck

..not easy to see, but you can get the just of what I used it for... and I also did the one on my back window with the Blue shadow. I plan on wrapping a few things when it gets nicer out, because this shit loves heat!!

BTW, how much did you order and how much did you pay for it? I got mine through Justin - ImportCarPartsPlus and got a hell of a deal.
http://www.club3g.com/forum/vendor-sales/136033-3m-black-carbon-fiber-di-noc-vinyl-5-99-sq-ft.html

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
How difficult was it to wrap, and what was the process?
DI-Noc is ridiculous. You can't mess it up, you can wad it up into a ball, heat it up and it springs back to normal. You can adhere it, not like it, pull it off, and re-stick the stuff. I've had a damn six foot long roll sitting in a closet for the past year collecting dust.

For a reference point as to how insane the material is, here is an installation on a sink. :lol:

·
Faster than a turtle
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ so quick! :eek:
she's a pro! :lol:

That looks really good. I'm going to have to get some to redo my gas lid.
You should. It looks better in person trust me! :yesway:

I did the "HEMI" decals for the side of my truck and I also did the one on my back window with the Blue shadow. I plan on wrapping a few things when it gets nicer out, because this shit loves heat!!

BTW, how much did you order and how much did you pay for it?
That looks awesome ICE :yesway:
And I got a lil' 12"x24" roll to try it out, for $14 bucks shipped.
But for this one you dont need heat to apply it. So Im guessing that is different from the one you use? :scratch:

That stuff looks really cool. I kinda like it better than the real thing :lol:
haha yeah man. It looks even better in person. :ndance:

·
"S" Car...Gooooooo
1,350 Posts
I did my hood with it to show customers what it's like. Most people like the look of it. It's just too bad that it doesn't come in wide enough roles to do larger hoods (like ours) in one piece. It's about an inch shy going diagonally.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
That looks awesome ICE :yesway:
And I got a lil' 12"x24" roll to try it out, for $14 bucks shipped.
But for this one you dont need heat to apply it. So Im guessing that is different from the one you use? :scratch:
I only used heat to set it after it was installed, that and because it was a bit cooler outside and I was in a hurry to get that HEMI back on the truck.. It looked naked without it. :lol:

Check the link I posted, I am sure it is the same.

MitsuClipse, do you have any photos?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts