Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me go ahead and use Mav's standard reply of "perception" when discussing GMs problems. You see this really doesn't exist, "everything at GM is pointing up, nothing is going wrong, we got the car of the year, we are making money, manufacturing problems are behind us, this is all based on inaccurate perception". :lol:

Autoblog said:

After seeing a variety of reports cropping up this afternoon, we were finally able to get some hard information regarding a recall that's affecting 313,000 passenger vehicles and crossovers from General Motors.

The recall involves a seal on the rear axle pinion that's apparently prone to leaking, which has the possibility of locking the driven wheels and causing a loss of control. GM will be recalling 2005-2007 Cadillac CTS models, STS sedans and SRX crossovers, as well as the 2006-2007 Pontiac Solstice and it's platform sibling the 2007 Saturn Sky. All told, that's 275,936 vehicles in the U.S., along with around 38,000 vehicles in Canada, Mexico, the Middle East and Asia.

·
Registered
227 Posts
cts 2007

(2007 cts) Just called my Dad and told him about the recall. My dad thinks my car is poorly made lol. His response when I told him "Oh there's alot of recalls on different cars." Reason for him saying it he makes parts for them.:rofl

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Ok, in Mav's absence, I can play the fanboy role.

They're a bit overstating the danger by saying the differential oil could leak onto the drive wheels and cause a loss of control. If the oil was leaking that quickly, I'd be more worried about it overheating the diff and seizing at 70mph, then leaking onto the tires.

F-bodies had leaking pinion seals for years, and GM never was nice enough to have a recall on that.

·
54,424 Posts
Ok, in Mav's absence, I can play the fanboy role.

They're a bit overstating the danger by saying the differential oil could leak onto the drive wheels and cause a loss of control. If the oil was leaking that quickly, I'd be more worried about it overheating the diff and seizing at 70mph, then leaking onto the tires.

F-bodies had leaking pinion seals for years, and GM never was nice enough to have a recall on that.
they did say locking the drive wheels, not leaking....since no one ever ever checks the rear diff fluids it seems. "hey i got this oil spot but its not under where my engine is....must be nothing to worry about!" :uh:

·
54,424 Posts
speaking of leaking diffs, this guy who owns a fly-by-night car dealership whom we do oil changes for has a NICE axle seal leak on his C5 Vette. i told him its leaking pretty badly, he just shrugged it off. :lol: it'll be karma if that diff locks up and sends him into a tree :)

·
Premium Member
17,183 Posts
I got the heads up voicemail about this 3 weeks ago. I knew I could count on you (sam) on being the first to post about it. :lol:

eh, shit happens to every car company. I, nor the company, is sweating over it.

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to throw some positive in here... It looks like Malibu will be receiving car of the year on Jan. 13th. :p
Hold on a second, I am about to post Gay Wheels best car of of 2007.

·
54,424 Posts
Hey if they like it then it must be good (with how picky they are). :lol: :fawk:
ya know, i see all the GM's later on down the road and i'll tip my hat to the caprice of just about any year. built like tanks! doors falling off, brake lines rusted through, rats nest where the blower motor should be, etc etc. but put in some oil, charge the battery, fiddle with the carb and they start right up and will run till the wheels fall off (often literally).

now what GM needs to do Mav is bring back the Caprice, even if only in namesake. thats how GM can get back ontop. bring the caprice back, offer fianancing on 3 editions of it. the caprice classic, the base model that can be optioned, the caprice 'dub edition' which comes with upgraded stereo with whoever is doing GM's top of the line stereo these days. just needs to have a subwoofer in the back that sounds loud and way too much treble....also comes stanard with atleast 20" chrome alloy wheels wrapped in the thinnest tires that can be found. and finally the Caprice "dub n bub-rub" edition. all the same stuff standard as the dub edition but with a whistle tip.

they'd fly off the sales lots and sell like hell.....and then be repossessed just as fast when that 2nd or 3rd payment is due :lol:

·
F.U.B.A.R.
2,536 Posts
ya know, i see all the GM's later on down the road and i'll tip my hat to the caprice of just about any year. built like tanks! doors falling off, brake lines rusted through, rats nest where the blower motor should be, etc etc. but put in some oil, charge the battery, fiddle with the carb and they start right up and will run till the wheels fall off (often literally).

now what GM needs to do Mav is bring back the Caprice, even if only in namesake. thats how GM can get back ontop. bring the caprice back, offer fianancing on 3 editions of it. the caprice classic, the base model that can be optioned, the caprice 'dub edition' which comes with upgraded stereo with whoever is doing GM's top of the line stereo these days. just needs to have a subwoofer in the back that sounds loud and way too much treble....also comes stanard with atleast 20" chrome alloy wheels wrapped in the thinnest tires that can be found. and finally the Caprice "dub n bub-rub" edition. all the same stuff standard as the dub edition but with a whistle tip.

they'd fly off the sales lots and sell like hell.....and then be repossessed just as fast when that 2nd or 3rd payment is due :lol:
:rofl:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts