Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know where i can get decent front rotors for a gs? current ones are warped pretty bad. my budget is probably around 60-70 for both

·
Here for the drama
120 Posts
First link is rear, second is front, go outside, peek at your front and rear rotors and you'll be enlightened.

Unless you have drums in the rear, then it's a no brainer..

·
Here for the drama
120 Posts
No biggie, buy the front vented rotors, then take a field trip to the junkyard and then pull the rear disc set up for cheap! Lol

·
Here for the drama
120 Posts
First link is rear, second is front, go outside, peek at your front and rear rotors and you'll be enlightened.

Unless you have drums in the rear, then it's a no brainer..

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
It's tough. I get it. Not a lot of people have $$ to spend but at the same time want cheap AND good parts. That's tricky. I've personally bought Brakemotive parts for cheap and it worked for 2 years before I upgraded to something a bit longer-lasting. But hey they claim casted in the US ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
car is going to my GF in a few weeks after i ship for basic so im trying to find something that wont cause her any problems (she isnt mechanically inclined at all)

·
54,339 Posts
Powerstop stuff is kind of just Chinese stuff and not really good Chinese stuff. Their pads are so-so, especially the Ceramic when compared to actual performance pads (even street stuff) they don't hold a candle. Their rotors are pretty much just generic rotors. Brand name stuff with high carbon iron or better machining and metallurgy isn't that much more costly and works better for longer.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Check amazon warehouse deals. Its returns they re-sell at reduced prices. They usually have a decent amount of brake parts with some pretty good mark downs. I picked up a set of EBC red pads and dimpled slotted rotors for around 150 bucks

Bitter is right about the powerstops. I had them before the EBC's and I dont think my ABS ever activated, except in the rain. Its activated a few times with the EBC's. They just didnt grab enough for me

·
Registered
30 Posts
Centric from RockAuto or Amazon.
I will second this. Rockauto usually the best place to find the exact part number of what you want, then you can shop around a bit. Rockauto is usually also the lowest base price, but they're not always the best after shipping. Compare the same items from Rockauto, Amazon, and Ebay to find the best deal. Have to factor in also Amazon may charge tax in your area, and seller rating and shipping method if buy through Ebay.

Centric is the brand I would recommend as well. They are about the best I have found in non-performance quality brake parts. And they usually have several tiers to fit your needs/price level (basic, premium, drilled/slotted, etc).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts