Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The car is not ready yet. I ordered new noc sensor and map sensor from evo x.
I hope this week everithing is good..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
The car is ready, but not what I expected. Only 330Hp on 0.7 bar.
Injectors had a problem and I returned the old ones 560cc :(
I'll order much biger 830cc or 1050cc. and tune the car on dyno 1.4bar. I hope 400+ hp

I hope everything is fine by mid April..

·
1,131 Posts
0.7 bar? That's only like 10 psi. I've never turboed an eclipse, but that sounds pretty respectable for a little 4-cylinder on 10 psi. Aren't stock evos at ~20psi.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can see the progress on every photo that you have attached to this thread. It seems like you are having fun with the modification of your car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Hello It's been a few months since i've work on the car. I broke it twice. I had a problem with the lower clutch pump аnd problem with heating the fuel.

The car is already repaired

I changed the whole running gear from front to back.

I bought a new aluminum radiator and fuel cooler for the fuel. The new injectors are installed (880cc).

I replace the rubber hoses with AN8 stainless steel. There will be a new oil catch can.

And some photos after the repair.

By the end of the month, everything must be installed on the car. And I hope we can already set the car to dyno. I hope for 450Hp. I will upload photos when everything is ready

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hello,
Yesterday we installed the new fuel cooler with the radiator and a new oile catch can.( AN8 feed line)
On Saturday I will paint the head cover and I will replace the radiator hoses.

Some photos of the work

·
1,131 Posts
You should strap a little cooling fan to that thing so you can get air through it when you aren't going very fast. Like in traffic. One off of a modern motorcycle should work pretty well. The ones on my R6 move some decent air. One or two of those with a relay and a thermocouple should do the trick.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It's been a long time since the last settings. The car still has a 16g turbo. :(

Next year will be bigger
:)

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,044 Posts
Just noticed your fuel temp issues. That's not really been a issue that I've seen often. I'm assuming it's the temperature from the the turbo. Is your climate very warm? I highly recommend you check into installing a vented hood and perhaps heat wrapping your turbo manifold. I still can't believe your vaporizing the fuel in the fuel rail. Must be really hot under that hood.

Reactions: Gotti

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
so you have your fuel running through a cooler...i dont think you are "vaporizing" fuel but maybe running out of fuel...

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,044 Posts
so you have your fuel running through a cooler...i dont think you are "vaporizing" fuel but maybe running out of fuel...
You can absolutely vaporize fuel in the fuel rail. The boiling point regular gasoline is 185°. Albeit, it is very rare. You are make a good point about "running out of fuel". I wonder where his fuel pressure is...

You're right, it's very hot.. I will put a vented hood ..
That kind of heat is also not good for other components. How do you know that your fuel is getting too hot?

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
You can absolutely vaporize fuel in the fuel rail. The boiling point regular gasoline is 185°. Albeit, it is very rare. You are make a good point about "running out of fuel". I wonder where his fuel pressure is...

That kind of heat is also not good for other components. How do you know that your fuel is getting too hot?
im not saying it can not be done... if he is boiling fuel than there are bigger problems... how hot are his air intake temps? why is the fuel getting hot...

Reactions: repforenzo

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
With driving at full throttle after 15 minutes the car stops running. After installing the cooler I do not have such a problem.
But now I have a problem with the heating of the water in the radiator maintains 95-97 degrees Celsius. By driving slowly.
If I drive faster it gets better. Even the hood is lifted by 15mm. Or put the new carbon Evo hood with vents. The fans spin slowly and I don't know how to turn them on higher manually. They automatically start in the second level after 100 degrees, which is a lot. I'm thinking of removing the air conditioning :( After 20k$ I am angry with the result. :( in two weeks we will decide what to do..

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
you sound like you have a over heating problem. check your coolant levels, make sure you do not have any air in your coolant system.

if you keep doing things to try and cool it off and not find the actual problems you will run into bigger problems. who built the motor?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
There is no problem with the cooling system. It is probably from the radiator of the air conditioner and the radiator of the water is not cooled. My friend built the motor. There is no problem with the motor..

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
if the radiator isnt cooling than there is a problem with the cooling system.

Reactions: Gotti
21 - 40 of 44 Posts