Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Great idle fallls on its face p0660 and p0300 codes cel light on

Tags
p0300 p0660
2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Roger13 
#1 ·
Ive researched forum amd havent found what i needed i replaced cap and rotor they were toast so i figured that was the issue be ause it would t wanna start when it was damp out but after u get it going then it would clear up and run
Now it will start and id,e perfect push gas pedal it bogs as if you covered the throttle body with your hand spits and sputters
Cel is off now but threw a p0660 and p0300 code also replaced variable fuel runner as this was a possibility i read in forum still no difference it did one ti e smell of fuel and rotten eggs bbut has since not
I am wo dering as i read here about a knock sensor? Or an aic? Or possible cat or o2 ?????
Any help would. Be appreciated.....
Also eliminated maf sensor as issue replaced o difference......

#2 ·
I would pull the upper timing covers and inspect the timing belt. Then turn the crank over by hand til the balancer is lined up with the TDC mark on the lower timing cover and see if the timing marks on the cams line up with the valve covers. If timing is good then I would replace the crank sensor. Make sure you're using all Mitsubishi electronics since aftermarket brands don't seem to work well with our cars.

#3 ·
Alrighty ill take a peak i did the 100000 mile service at 77000 miles it has new timing belt water pump plugs wires new valves machined head work and roughly 28000 miles since all that work it ran fine other then on lets say it rained friday night it wouldnt wanna start come monday then after i would get it started it would run fine intill it got damp out again throw a cel code and be hard to start then when started it would ween itself back to running normal till next rainy day... i figured cap and rotor pulled em apart and the looks of the cap and rotor was enuff for me to be like this has to b the problem but nope not the problem if i were to go home right now it would fire right up put in reverse it will idle itself out of driveway put any gas pedal to it it just falls flat...... maf sensor as of 3 years ago as its my wifes car im learning these newer cars im a old school carburetor type of guy lol....ill look at it when home thanks for reply

#5 ·
#6 ·
Well i still got p0300 code and when its damp or rains in michigan the car like today wont start ran and idled yesterday and only runs normal at 2500 rpm or higher bit sputters intermitent a mechanic that had thos has ruled out distributor as today no spark we plugged in a dist. That was a used good 1 and plugged it in and pulled number 1 and no spark so ruled out vic sensor got rid of 0660 code and 0330 code now just 0300 cose and no start so question is anyone have a reputable place or contact i can send my ecu too for diagnostics and repair reflash and such amd upgrade or enhance what i have?
I bought an used one out of a wrecked running car i got immobilizer ignition ecu pcu ecm key etc. But my dumbmess when home realized it was from a stick not auto so ill be selling thise to try and get my money back bit i do need somewhere to send computer too anyone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.