Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Head Swap Baby!!!
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off the bat, I have a 2001 cali spec RS. My Evo II came in today. I took the old exuast off, and then started putting the Evo on. The part from the cat to the axle fit in good, but the hanger is too high, not leaving room for the rubber thing. Then, I tried to fit part from the axle back in. It was to long so I had to drop the axle to fit it through. None of the hangers fit right and the flange that it supposed to bolt up looks like this with the other one X. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: I don't know if they sent the wrong one, but the box says 2002+ Eclipse GT. Did anyone else have this problem. Its too late to call greddy or the place I ordered it from. Anyone got any Ideas?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'm not sure how well those bolt up...I have the Invidia and it fit like a glove. Hopefully someone will chime in who has that same exhaust system as to how well it fits...if not, I'd definitely be making some phone calls tomorrow...

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
um, you do know it goes UNDER the axle right? It sounds like your trying to get it OVER the axle. maybe that is your problem??

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
um, you do know it goes UNDER the axle right? It sounds like your trying to get it OVER the axle. maybe that is your problem??
So it doesn't follow the stock location (like I said, I don't have that exhaust)...the Invidia goes over the rear suspension just as the stock pipe did, but was a PITA to get through there since it's a larger diameter...

·
Registered
750 Posts
My hangers werent long enough either and i have the evo 2, I went over to pep boys and they had a few sizes for exhaust hangers i just picked up one larger than my stock and it worked fine.

·
Head Swap Baby!!!
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you serious:uh: that would make a lot of difference. I don't know why Greddy would have changed the layout though:dunno: Ill try it later today and I already contacted greddy and sent them pics of it, but all the techs are gone for the weekend. thanks alot for your help though:yesway:

·
Head Swap Baby!!!
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:blush2::blush2::blush2::blush2::blush2::blush2::blush2::blush2::blush2:
Well what I worked on for 3 hours last night took me 20 min. Thanks for the help and making me feel like a giant noob.:worship:its all good:yesway:

·
Head Swap Baby!!!
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds good. A hell of a lot louder than the stock. I didn't get to drive it down the road since its freaken winter and I don't feel like driving it in the salt. Can't wait till next spring so I can see the difference of the exaust and headers:bigthumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey man I don't meen to rain on your parade but your going to probably have a lot of rasp with headers. I recommend getting some kinda resonator or high flow cat welded in if your headers delete the stock one. I have the DC sport 4-2-1 and magnaflow exhaust and it was very annoying pissed off bumble bee sound. I ordered cheap 40 dollar resonator off of ebay had it welded in. It really helps as far as the annoying rasp...Just a little FYI...Good Luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts