Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:twothumb: here is a breif description on how to install a greddy turbo timer on a 3g eclipse. ill have pictures to follow. remove the driver side front console. remove the sterring column cover top and bottom. there is no wiring harness for the 3g so youll have to splice the wires. on the lower left side of the steering column is the wiring that runs from the ignition. youll have to strip back the protective cover on the loom a bit to expos all the various wiring. the 12v constant is the 10 gauge white wire with the red stripe. connect this to the the 12v on the turbo timer green. "on" is the green wire on the car also. splice this to the "on" wire to the turbo timer, which is green. "acc" is the blue w/ black stripe wire on the car. connect this to the "acc" wire blue also on the timer. remove the center drink holder console by popping it out. disconnect the parking break sensor from the parking break. splice the brown wire from the supplied wire harness from your turbo timer to the brake sensor wire. hook harness to turbo timer. you should now be good to go follow the instructions in the supplied instruction manual on setup. hide all wires and place timer wherever you like and reinstall all dash covers. :fever: my buddy safa who is starting up a company www.sp-technica.com which will be open soon helped me with the install and hooked me up with the parts.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was looking at the install instructions for the Apexi turbo timer and it has you splicing into the ground and O2 sensor wires at the ECU. Is that BS? If so, I will go with the Greddy timer.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
That is not bs and only if you want to use the O2 monitoring capability of the turbo timer. The apexi will display your O2 voltage for whatever O2 sensor you tap and will also do a correlation of the O2 voltage to an AFR. It's not exact but it's neat and pretty close compared to a wideband most of the time.

The truth is you should base your decision on which unit matches your interior scheme better as they are really the same damn thing just in different packaging.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
EclipseGTV6 said:
So. you don't have to have it grounded to the ground wire on the ECU? And the only wire you would splice into is the O2 wire?
Reading comprehension owns you too. My reply was based on your comment and you referenced both wires... ;)

You don't have to hook up EITHER of those wires as they are purely for the O2 portion of the Apexi. If you wan't to use the O2 portion of it, you must hook both of those wires up.

I have found that you do not have to tap a ground at the ECU for the O2 feature to work (can be at another ground of your choosing), but it might cause issues w/ the AFR feature.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Oh and btw.. Greddy isn't necessarily > than Apexi.

Greddy sure is more $$$ but the features are the same. The only thing that would be nice is the new really expensive Greddy that monitors how you were driving and then automatically changes the run time after you remove the key for proper cooling. Doesn't come w/ the stock Greddy unit though and it's mucho dinero.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts