Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 spyder and i am having an issue with a groaning noise coming from the passenger side up front near or under the headlight. It only makes this noise when im going very slow or stopped. When i am driving at a normal speed there is no issue. I also dont have the problem when i am turning the wheel or anything. It just comes up on its own and is very intermittant. Could go a day or two without hearing it then it comes back.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
what have you done to try and pinpoint the sound?
pushed up and down on the front end?
put the top down, stood in the middle of the car and shook it like a raging lunatic?
jacked it up, and turned the wheel, shook things, hit things... essentially tried to break something loose?

( i am betting the shaking like a lunatic will find the spot... have a friend near the area listening. i am also betting it is a suspension bushing.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The suspension is fine. I did push it up and down and checked the wheel and everything just to make sure. It sounds like a mechanical noise. The problem is I cant pinpoint the drone....its coming from right behind where the turn signal would be. Possibly pulley issue? Would that cause a low pitched drone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts