Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the process of replacing my motor mounts and ran into a problem.

I ordered the Prothane kit and I installed the left, front and right mounts fine.

upon removing my rear mount I came to this....

I figured the rear mount would be similar to the others but instead I got this...it says eclipse MTR MNT (RR) INSRT 4 CYL 00-04

btw this is part 13-510

anyone have any clue? btw my mount is cracked...is it ok to install the inserts with the crack?

HELP :sad:

·
Registered
339 Posts
This same thing happened to me. Horsepowerfreaks sent me those too. Where did you get yours from? I'm going to contact them about this.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
QuickSLVR
672 Posts
mine was cracked also when i tryed to install this and it works great. It should fit, all it is, is an insert to fill in the gaps in the stock mount.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well I don't know then. I still have my stock mount on because i was not about to cut it out. There is no way that those are going to fit. They are just way too small.

Could someone else please chime in on this?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The best way is to get some silicone spray lubricant and get them nice and slippery...then use a vice to press them in. Don't use any kind of petroleum products, butter, or anything like that...the factory rubber will swell and you'll have an even harder time getting them in. Also, if you've had oil leak onto them, they could already be swollen...it's normally a tight fit though, so just try the silicone lube and a vice and you shoud be in business. Mine should be going in this weekend...:woot:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
this thread title got me excited lol...i though it meant someone mounted an engine in the rear of the car, but caught my mistake before it finished loading

·
Registered
339 Posts
hey man I just used a dremel and some files to cut/sand the stock mount...then the inserts fit...it took me all day thou...

btw...crack dashed+new motor mounts = fuckin vibrations :noway:
Tell me about it, my dash is cracked to shit. I think im going to buy an Ingalls stiffy for an evo and fab up some brackets for it. I heard it reduces the vibration.

This sounds alot more time consuming than the other mounts. O well i guess i can get to it when i do my turbo install :twothumb:.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a question about the rear motor mount...I have had the Prothane inserts for about 2 years. I love them but a buddy of mine that is a mechanic told me the vibration on the inside of the car would go away if I just took out the inserts in the rear mount. Does anyone know if this is true from experience?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts