Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

341 - 345 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Yes but you also had custom spacers made at a CNC shop, 99% of the people out there won't have that ability for any of a variety of reasons.

·
Aple juic is my beer
8,831 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you had the Galant VR4 tcase and a transmission that would bolt up to the V6, someone who stated cutting and welding would need to be done would have to eat his shorts. Then again, the GVR4 tcase is not very strong and has basically no diff upgrade options and the diff is an open style. The modifications to the subframe to allow an EVO tcase leads to a much more durable unit that can be equipped with LSDs.
They are swapping evo7 and 8 diff's into the gvr4's, just fyi. Here's a quote from a post on clubvr-4...

The EVO 8 rear diff, or one from an EVO 7 onwards, will bolt straight in.

Remove your VR4 rear diff as follows.
Pull out the rear drive shafts from the diff (I am sure this is covered elsewhere on the forum) and remove the AYC pipes, let the ayc fluid drain out.
The brackets at the front on either side 3 bolts 17mm on each, and 4 big bolts 22mm. Also 4 12mm bolts which hold the propshaft to the flange on the diff.
that’s it take out the DIFF

The only thing I had to change was the propshaft flange as the Evo one was thicker and would not have fitted so well, so remove the VR4 diff prop flange and remove the EVO8 prop flange and swap them over, this is one big bolt in the middle.
Then fit the EVO 8 diff.

341 - 345 of 345 Posts