Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on troubleshooting the ignition system of my 2001 GT. I have been looking and looking both on the car and online as to where the ignition coil or coil packs are. Can anyone help me out? Or is the coil inside the distributor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a bad misfire on cylinder 6. I just got this car about a month ago, was on my way to work and it started doing this and can't get enough RPM to go over 10mph when in gear. Now it's at my parent's property about a half hour from my house, was over there a little bit ago messing with it. Compression is good. The wire going to the plug for 6 is suspect I'd say, so I'm going back over tomorrow to see if i can replace that, however would like to test the ignition coil while I'm there as well. I also noticed that it has the wrong plugs in it and the gap is way off so I'm thinking maybe the guy who had it before me put in the wrong plugs and it wrecked the coil?

·
Registered
791 Posts
eBay sells stock replacement coils now, instead of buying the whole distributor, but none are marked with a manufacturer name, so who knows what kind of quality they are. But you wouldn't get just one misfiring cylinder with a bad coil, it's all or nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts