Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alrighty. . . .

well i've been doing my searching and shit and have come across alot of conflicting info on this turbo charger. I bought a Garrett GT2260v. (.53 compressor side, .63 exducer). . . (also will be externally wastegated)

I was thinking of using this turbocharger to turbo my 6g74 that i just bought, and well. . . I'm trying to get some opinions on if this turbo is "too small" or just right on size. Personally i believe this turbo is "just right" But then again. . . .I'm not to sure. My main concern is the engine choking at about 6k rpms. Any input would be much appreciated. . . thanks.

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NVM people. . . . just found out too small for me :'(

It supports up to 280hp. . . .just not enough for me :mecry:

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup, i saw many applications for this turbo, ranging from afla romeo's, bmw's, and mercedes. Then i went to some site, cant remember the name. They sell these brand new. . . they had specs. on this turbo. it said good up to 250 whp. . . .or 280 chp (same shet). Looks like i'll be selling this turbo lol.

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well seeing as how it'll produce power up to 250ish whp. . . im pretty sure since i'll be running a external wastegate that it'll be safe to push 5psi max. Anyone got any objections?

·
Registered
271 Posts
For 5psi, I'm sure even the interal will hold fine.

Though are you going to be using this on the 3.5L (making sure it wasn't a typo)?

Have you managed to find any compressor maps for it? I find it intresting the BMW seems to use it on their 3L...only to produce 210hp.

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yup i meant it for the 3.5L

As for compressor maps, i found plenty of em. . . though i dunno how to read em :rofl:

This turbo that i got came off a 5 cylinder 2.7L mercedes. (just found that out today after doing some extensive research. . . .this turbo is actually a lil bigger on the exhaust side then the 3L you found it on)

Even after reading up on this. . . im leaning more towards selling it now. 250whp wouldnt really be much for a v6. Also, I'd like to fix this dented up quarter panel of mine first before i spend more money on mods.

Anywho, I'm pretty sure it should be a perfect fit for a 4cylinder 3g. I'll most likely be putting it up for sale this weekend if i decide not to turbo my car.

But then again, I dunno though. . . still deciding on what to do

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've always thought a GT30R would be a terrific turbo for the 3G V6 guys. DSM guys are using them on 2L's and making really nice #'s. They would easily support 400whp on a 3G.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts