Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

661 - 675 of 675 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bump, this thread is still active and i still have the springs. Send paypal payment to
[email protected] please put in the note for hatch spring and include your full mailing address.

$14.00 paypal to [email protected]

Thanks,
Shine
any chance of updating the link for the install video?
Also, after sending payment, I noticed an earlier post on this thread that asked about a version for spyder convertibles? I would think they would be the same, but did you ever confirm this?

·
HMRacing
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
any chance of updating the link for the install video?
Also, after sending payment, I noticed an earlier post on this thread that asked about a version for spyder convertibles? I would think they would be the same, but did you ever confirm this?

I got it Tom, thanks. The videos are so old now I can't find them. Unfortunately I sold my eclipse years ago but i have some instructions with pictures because photo bucket expired. Yes the Spyder is compatible also. You will need to use a good pair of needle nose pliers to pull the spring to the other side of the hole.

Ok we start out with the two round plastic snap in's. You want to take a flat head and carefully pop out both of them, this will give you some extra hole to help take off the center hatch cover.

OK next you got two sliding pieces on the back of the cover *do not pull foward pull straight up if your looking straight down from the hatch panel you will see this.

To give you in idea here's what the tabs look like so be carefull not to break them off when you slide up on the panel remember pull straight up

OK you got two of these snap in's on both sides so here what is looks like underneath again use a flathead to gently pop open the hatch panel.

Remember when removing this pull straight up and put the flathead inbetween the two snap in's on each side. I recommend one side at a time.

Once we take the panel off we will see the factory vs the upgrade i sell.

Ok use needle nose pliers and pull the left side up were the slot is firm grip and slide off the factory spring.

Ok once you remove the factory put the new spring on the left then stretch it firmly to the other side firm grip no panties allowed :)

After your done your results will look like this.

OK now time to put the cover back on, slide the two plastic pieces on the panel in these holes on each side first.

Then make sure your snap in's line up with these 2 holes on each side.

Press down with your hand firmly on each side till you hear snap snap, snap snap 4 total :)

Job done, enjoy your heavy duty upgrade spring. Even ice and snow will prevent the hatch from not opening, great for your snow weather guys.

·
HMRacing
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #673
I got it Tom, thanks. The videos are so old now I can't find them. Unfortunately I sold my eclipse years ago but i have some instructions with pictures because photo bucket expired. Yes the Spyder is compatible also. You will need to use a good pair of needle nose pliers to pull the spring to the other side of the hole.

Ok we start out with the two round plastic snap in's. You want to take a flat head and carefully pop out both of them, this will give you some extra hole to help take off the center hatch cover.

OK next you got two sliding pieces on the back of the cover *do not pull foward pull straight up if your looking straight down from the hatch panel you will see this.

To give you in idea here's what the tabs look like so be carefull not to break them off when you slide up on the panel remember pull straight up

OK you got two of these snap in's on both sides so here what is looks like underneath again use a flathead to gently pop open the hatch panel.

Remember when removing this pull straight up and put the flathead inbetween the two snap in's on each side. I recommend one side at a time.

Once we take the panel off we will see the factory vs the upgrade i sell.

Ok use needle nose pliers and pull the left side up were the slot is firm grip and slide off the factory spring.

Ok once you remove the factory put the new spring on the left then stretch it firmly to the other side firm grip no panties allowed :)

After your done your results will look like this.

OK now time to put the cover back on, slide the two plastic pieces on the panel in these holes on each side first.

Then make sure your snap in's line up with these 2 holes on each side.

Press down with your hand firmly on each side till you hear snap snap, snap snap 4 total :)

Job done, enjoy your heavy duty upgrade spring. Even ice and snow will prevent the hatch from not opening, great for your snow weather guys.

Attachments

·
HMRacing
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #674
I also forgot to update thread since it's so long but prices of postage and paypal fees have went up so the price of the spring is now $15.00 shipped inside the U.S.

Thank You.

Bump, this thread is still active and i still have the springs. Send paypal payment to
[email protected] please put in the note for hatch spring and include your full mailing address.

$15.00 paypal to [email protected]

Thanks,
Shine

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also forgot to update thread since it's so long but prices of postage and paypal fees have went up so the price of the spring is now $15.00 shipped inside the U.S.

Thank You.

$15.00 paypal to [email protected]

Thanks,
Shine
So the buck I saved went towards new hatch struts. LOL
Is there a tracking number for my shipment, or at least an estimated arrival date?
Btw, the last time I bought something from a Club3G member, I chose the "gift" option on Paypal to avoid fees for the seller. That option, however, doesnt give purchase protection for the buyer, so best not to suggest it for higher value sales.
At 63, I'll hafta find another way now to get my daily exercise instead of lifting my trunk lid. 😆😆😆

661 - 675 of 675 Posts