• STRATUS Door Sills
  • Streettune Shorty Antenna
  • Tail Lights - Paint Gloss-Black
  • Blacked Out Interior
  • LED Reverse Lights
  • Debadged
  • Paint Restored
Future Projects
  • Rebuild Fenders OR Fender Flares OR Camber (probably camber for now, cheapest... but I want to rebuild them!)
  • EVO Brembo Brakes
  • Paint Hood Pearl White (leaving some CF) & Paint Pillars & Hood Gloss Black
  • Leather Wrapped Dashboard
  • Repair some Bodywork
  • 35% Tint (legal limit) All-Around
  • Performance!

·
Detailing Pro
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I've got a small list of projects I seem to always be "working" on, generally doesn't get done because school has started up again but I do try to fit some time and money into the car.
Various random shots in chronological order:

Few pictures of the projects I've got going will be posted below :)

2 years ago I was planning on opening a professional detailing & paint restoration business, but I finally found a major I really enjoy and have practically no free time to do any work on such a possibility. I've helped a couple people with their cars, mostly this summer. It's just a hobby of mine since I don't have the time, and I'm happy to help fellow members out with educating them on detailing skills, products, techniques, etc... or to exchange services/money for me to come do it.

·
Detailing Pro
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Black Headliner w. Dodge Emblem
First, the old headliner was removed.

Then the Dodge emblem was designed in forming clay.

Taking apart the sunroof for visors (and checking Dan out :lmfao:)

Photo just showing what's under the headliner...

Installing it (we probably took it off 2-3 times because we forgot x,y,z for putting it back together :lol:)

Final look!

·
Detailing Pro
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looks clean. I really like the headliner. I think I may borrow that idea from you.
Thanks. I really like it. It's definitely a modification I think more people should look into. While it's not obvious to others, you know it's been done and it's unique. And that's really what I'm going for on my car, subtle and unique modifications that aren't too obvious to the general public. Obviously there's a threshold where you start doing things that are more obvious and I'll get there, but right now I really like my simple stuff :) I'm really wanting to finish my black-out of the interior to finish it up!

*Added wheel refurbishment process

·
Detailing Pro
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Good looking Strat, and awesome to see some Iowan's on here. :yesway:
Thanks!
So where's home for you since you're in the area? I drive around the Midwest too much. Glad to meet locals :)

Looks like you've been busy there. Looks good though! :wavey:
Thanks. Definitely have some plans and have been trying to work on them when I've got free time. Wouldn't mind getting out of college someday to have

Cool. I like the wheels :D
Thanks man. Unfortunately they don't fit Brembos or else I'd be even happier about them. Wish I had met and talked with you more and other 3G guys during the All-Mitsu Cookout last month.

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
Thanks man. Unfortunately they don't fit Brembos or else I'd be even happier about them. Wish I had met and talked with you more and other 3G guys during the All-Mitsu Cookout last month.
No worries. There will be many other cookouts we can chat at :agreed:

·
Detailing Pro
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries. There will be many other cookouts we can chat at :agreed:
I hope so! Planning on keeping this car for a very long time!
Slightly sad note: hit 140,000 miles this week... can't believe we got it 139,993 miles ago. Time and miles fly by! Calculated my driving last week and I'm doing about 500 miles/week while in school since I'm driving to car meets, getting parts, going home, etc... ridiculous!

I'm really needing to install the courtesy door light mod and paint the rest of my interior pieces.
Got a nice picture while doing "portrait shots" for a group project this week. Had lots of fun playing with the fisheye lens too!

·
Detailing Pro
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So here's a big update to this car in quite some time that's modification wise.

1) New reverse LED's

2) Tinted Tails

3) Black Leather Interior

I'm also about 90% done doing an "Automotive Detailing" write-up that I'm originally doing for 2GStratus members but I'll post over here too :)

1 - 20 of 311 Posts