Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"I dunno" guy
2,555 Posts
Nothing really special about it. Just an enclosure that allows you to hot swap SATA drives which are already hot swappable by design. It's still a proprietary docking station, how is it any different from the internal ones that slot into the 5.25" bay other than it being USB instead of the faster native SATA?

I would be interested if it's capable of docking 2 drives and allow hardware mirroring or striping.

BTW, I'm looking for a 2 drive bay that allows mirroring for PATA drives. The Netgear SC101 is shit and only works with 32bit Windows with no drivers for 64bit Windows, OSX or any other OS.

·
Fear my erep power
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno

If I wanted to do that now . I would have to open my enclosure take out HD , then put in new one and close it up. With the dock I could just grab a HD off the self and stick it in the dock. Switch between drives alot faster

·
"I dunno" guy
2,555 Posts
You still have to put the drive into the docking enclosure before you can use it in the docking station. So put one of those quick release enclosure into your case now and you'll end up with the same solution, except 1 less power brick and 1 less thing taking up space on your desk.

·
Fear my erep power
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You still have to put the drive into the docking enclosure before you can use it in the docking station.
thats lame . I thought I could just take a HD "right out the box" and plug it directly into the station

·
Symetrical AWD
11,216 Posts
USB2 transfer speeds... you might as well get a USB drive. Just get the 2.5" travel drives that don't require external power.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
I got one of those cheapo $15 USB SATA enclosures and just pulled the casing off of it. Now I can pull a hard drive off the shelf, plug it in and take a look at it in seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts