Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SUPERSOSA
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my head cover on my 2002 gs 2.4L eclipse I have a small dent and would like to get a aftermarket one. so I can start a color scheme in the engine. But I can't find one all I find is head gasket stuff I need to change the gasket but I already found that. If any one could help or knows of a good site I would appriciate it alot. :bigndance:

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
That piece is known as a Valve cover. The gasket you would need would be the Valve cover gasket. There are no aftermarket ones made that I have ever seen on this forum. but you can have one powder coated.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Yeah, I think you're just searching for the wrong thing. Doesn't Pharm do powder-coating? I know someone on this forum does... or really any paint company will do it for you. Prices vary depending on paint and clearcoat.

·
SUPERSOSA
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The valve cover is what I need the reason I need a new one is because mine has a small dent on the top I am looking to replace it. I know about powder coating it but I just prefer a new one. I saw one all carbon fiber. It wasn't wraped or painter it look like it was made outta carbon fiber. It doesnt have to be carbon fiber I would just like a new one.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Wait... you've seen one made ENTIRELY out of carbon fiber?? Gotta wave the bullshit flag on that one. I'm not a rocket secientist, but could CF stand the heat/pressures of being a valve cover? Better yet, where did you see it?

·
SUPERSOSA
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/w4k34l1f31/TURBO%20BUILD/DSCF2001.jpg<br> Yea that is the one I saw. and to me it looks like it was made outta carbon fiber. what a good job. anyone who sees it would say the same. <br> :fawk:

·
54,481 Posts
<br> Yea that is the one I saw. and to me it looks like it was made outta carbon fiber. what a good job. anyone who sees it would say the same. <br> :fawk:
You don't see much carbon fiber in person, do you?

·
SUPERSOSA
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:urine:<br> actually that does look like its made out of carbon fiber. anyways what is so rare about your valve cover it just looks like you painted it black (probbly some rustoleum black heat shied paint)<br>:nutkick:

·
Low and Slow.
1,878 Posts
:urine:<br> actually that does look like its made out of carbon fiber. anyways what is so rare about your valve cover it just looks like you painted it black (probbly some rustoleum black heat shied paint)<br>:nutkick:
it looks nothing like carbon fiber

only one or two years of 4G64 valve cover came with those stampings.
Bitter hit both nails on the head.
Thats the thickest weave of Carbon Fiber I have ever seen.
The paint is not which makes the valve cover unique ( which is how i recieved it), Its the stampings. I dont think of it as uber RARE gold, hence the quotations around the word 'rare'. As it is uncommon. You obviously dont want it though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts