Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a new head unit and encountered problem after problem after problem.
I need help with a question. My head unit works, only when i turn my running lights or head lights on. the clock on top of dash wouldn't turn on, and the car remote will not lock or unlock my car. Plus the interior/map lights wouldn't turn on.I also ran my own power cable to the battery.I will never be an electrician. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant2::rant::noplease::scratch:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check the ones under the hood. I had a similar problem and it ended up being one of the fuses in the locking little box all the to the left. There are two of them there and they should be in a yellow box (or at least they were in my car) and once I figured out how to get them out, the radio one was blown. I accidentally made contact with a metal part in my car when I unplugged the power wire from my head unit.

I had the same symptoms where my clock didn't work and maps lights etc. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

PS. may I ask why you wired it to the battery and didn't just use the existing power wire? sounds interesting :)

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
What do you mean you ran your own power cable to the battery?

Did your car come with the factory infinity sounds system?

We need more info about your problem and your car.

·
Banned
761 Posts
There's a fuse in the under hood fuse box that has a yellow box around 2 fuses. Make sure neither one of those are blown, I bet they are.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the ones under the hood. I had a similar problem and it ended up being one of the fuses in the locking little box all the to the left. There are two of them there and they should be in a yellow box (or at least they were in my car) and once I figured out how to get them out, the radio one was blown. I accidentally made contact with a metal part in my car when I unplugged the power wire from my head unit.

I had the same symptoms where my clock didn't work and maps lights etc. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

PS. may I ask why you wired it to the battery and didn't just use the existing power wire? sounds interesting :)
I was having the worst time ever getting the orange and black power cable to work. it didn't have constant power. so i eventually got fed up and ran a separate one

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you mean you ran your own power cable to the battery?

Did your car come with the factory infinity sounds system?

We need more info about your problem and your car.
no infinaty system and the Power cable (orange and black) wouldn't hold power.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a fuse in the under hood fuse box that has a yellow box around 2 fuses. Make sure neither one of those are blown, I bet they are.
how do you get that stoopid yellow box off? i cant seem to do it:scratch:

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
no infinaty system and the Power cable (orange and black) wouldn't hold power.
Um... Mine does. I've had 3 aftermarket head units in mine and I used the power wire for the headunits.

·
Banned
761 Posts
Done it both where blow fixed em' everything is working except the gauges/running lights are now on all the time! fml..:dunno:
Should only come on with your headlight switch. hmm... Did you cut/solder wires with the battery hooked up? That's the only way to blow those fuses, unless you've got some wires touching/frayed/fried. I'm at a loss. :dunno:

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you have a multimeter and know how to use it, it will easily help you find the problem by checking where the source of the problem is.

·
Registered
516 Posts
dude bring your car to me man. ill get it sorted out lol. just let me know a day/time when you can get it up here and ill get everything straight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
THANKS to everyone who tried to help me out i ended up taking it to a sound shop here and they fixed it and said it was a "floating ground wire". so there you have it. haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts