Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a White, 2000 GS Fed Spec.
I installed my headers and had to make a custom pipe to go from the OBX Headers to the Flex Hose before the cat. There is a small leak because i havn't put a gasket in between where the headers and custom pipe meet (doing that after school) anyways, i was wondering if that would throw off my o2 sensors and cause my check engine light to come on? or if the check engine is somthing else. I'm also changing the oil after school because i just had my mechanic put in new Pistons and Rods. anyways, if you have some input, lets hear it.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Yes, an exhaust leak can cause a code. You need to pull the code #s in order to get any accurate help. And don't forget to reset the ECU if you haven't done that yet either.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yep, and even if you're o2's get moved any that can throw a code as well. I'm starting to think I may have an exhaust leak in my megan racing headers somewhere, time to trobleshoot :(

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
If u have an aftermarket header u have about 99% that ur SES light will come up, cuz of ur o2 sensors. I had the same thing after I installed my Hpr header. Get the code # that is throws, if it's P0421 then here is the link for u. http://www.club3g.com/forum/performance/55284-how-fix-ses-error-code-p0421-about-5-bucks.html . I used that method, works perfect.
I didn't think Fed Specs had rear O2s.... or do they have just one? trv has a FedSpec. If the fed-spec does have a rear/secondary O2 then ya he could use the spark plug nonfouler trick. Just make sure they are not used on the front/primary sensor/s or it will never run correctly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it scanned after school today threw code P170 or in the code list P0170 Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 1) i take it that the o2 sensor is just gay?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edit:
BTW, fed specs have two o2 sensors, one right before the cat and one right after the cat, i also fixed the exaust leaks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
has anyone found out wat causes the code p0170? i am haveing the same issue and can not find out what the problem

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
All you had to do was google p0170. Change the O2 sensor in Bank 1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts