Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GO SOX
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some Kydos off eBay, however when installing them, I ran into a snag on the driver's side headlight. It was nearly impossible to get the original bulb out of the plastic connector, eventually I got (most of) the bulb out, except for one of the prongs, which remains lodged in the connector and won't come out. In addition, the connector is cracked and one of the wires popped out of it.

My question is, how should I fix this? I'm not too familiar with the electric layout (nor a lot of electric work) on this car...is it beyond the scope of a typical enthusiast? If not, would the fix be a simple replacement of the connector and splicing the wires in? Any tips on doing this correctly? And what part numbers/where should I look? Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
No, this shouldn't be too difficult. You could easily replace the connector on the end. You may want to ask someone else for tips on putting the new connector on.

Then again, I could be wrong.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Go to your local Auto Zone, Murrays, etc. and buy a new headlight bulb harness. Its a couple dollars, buy it then just snip your old harness and wire in the new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts