Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of problems. First, my headlights keep burning out. i have projectors that i bought off of ebay. I've had them for almost two years but about two months ago my bulbs started burning out. One side would burn out and a few days after i replaced it the other side burns out. When that side is replaced the other side burns out and so on...I checked the fuses and on one occasion they were popped, so i replaced them. About a week ago my headlight burned out again but the fuses were fine. I used regular h1 bulbs as well as the 6000k hid look bulbs. They both burn out the same. Now i am riding around with just fogs cuz i dont want to waste any more money on bulbs if they are just gonna burn out. I went through six bulbs so far. Second problem: i am having difficulty shifting into first gear from a stand still. I have to push it really hard to get it to engage. If i rev the engine a little or am already moving it pops in just fine. Second gear is a little hard to get into as well. I had my clutch replaced about 30,000 miles ago. I also have an oil leak in the rear main. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
Dont know if it will help you but what i do when i slow for a light or i'm putting it in gear from a stand still is go from neutral to 2nd to 1st and it always goes right in.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Your headlight problem might be a result of the wiring harness going bad, it's a common problem on these cars. An intermittant connection is hard on the bulb's filament and burns them out quick. All you need to do is replace the headlight harness, Mitsubishi actually sells a repair harness.

A bad ground could also cause this problem. Check the grounding points behind each headlight, make sure the metal is clean and the bolts are tight.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
The harness might not be it with aftermarket bulbs unless they are plug and play using the original harnesses. It sounds like you have a bad splice that is either making intermittent connection or shorting to ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts