Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
concealed cooling systems need to be purged/bled to get air out of cooling system anytime fluid is added or flushed i learned it myself dealership charged 75.00 diagnostic said notta i overheated 10 mi down rd

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts

·
Show your tits!
190 Posts
Im having a similar problem. My heater vents blow hot air as long as my RPM's are above 2500. As soon as the RPM level drops the air starts to get cold again. It seems that the heater core is not getting any of the coolant circulating through it unless the enigine is moving faster than idle. I called a Mitsubishi tech on Saturday. They just told me to bring it in so they could look at it... Yeah right. Im gonna do a coolant flush on Friday and replace the thermo. I will let everyone know if it fixes it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright guys, I need some insight. This is my first time using a site like this so forgive me if it’s in the wrong spot. I have an 03 eclipse spider gt. My heat refuses to work. I’m changed the heater core, and thermo. The blower motor and resistor are good. I did flush everything g out a refilled with the heater core changed. Tried burping multiple times. The vent lines and climate control lines or cables all open and close as they should. I’m just not 100% what else to check. If anyone has any ideas, throw them at me. Thanks in advance

·
V8 > 3G
2,712 Posts
Alright guys, I need some insight. This is my first time using a site like this so forgive me if it’s in the wrong spot. I have an 03 eclipse spider gt. My heat refuses to work. I’m changed the heater core, and thermo. The blower motor and resistor are good. I did flush everything g out a refilled with the heater core changed. Tried burping multiple times. The vent lines and climate control lines or cables all open and close as they should. I’m just not 100% what else to check. If anyone has any ideas, throw them at me. Thanks in advance
Gotta get yourself one of these and get the air out of the system. Seems to always get trapped in the heater core.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts