Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done alot of searching and have concluded that my heater core needs to be replaced. I am having the same issue as a few others where heat only blows out on the passenger side of the car. I've been having other coolant issues wich I'm not sure if they are related but need to get this fixed regardless. I've flushed the coolant multiple times and replaced the radiator (radiator was leaking and rust was in the system). I just changed the heater core on my brothers blazer with the help of some good directions and am hoping the eclipse won't be any more difficult. I haven't been able to find any directions on how to do this for the eclipse though. Are there bolts that need to be removed from the engine bay? Anything hidden or tips? Also, will the evaporator need to be removed? Any help or photos will be greatly appreciated.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
I have the entire unit for sale. If you are interested let me know. The entire unit to take out and put in is a major pain in the butt. THere is nothing that has to be removed or loosen from the engine bay beside the coolant lines that run into the heater core.

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
It's not a 3G but this is pretty much what you will have to do. In this picture I didn't even have everything removed. That black box you see in the midle has to come out and it's behind that. To remove the black box, you have to pull everything out. Thats why the dealer will charge 700 plus to do this, the heater core is 85 dollars at the dealer. Make sure you pull the carpet out if it got contaminated with coolant and wash it really good or your car will smell like coolant for a long time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips. From the service manual it looks like the evaporator needs to be removed as well. Although, does anyone know if it would be possible to just take the box apart without touching the evap? I would like to avoid having to decharge and then recharge the ac. Also, does the steering wheel in the 3G need to be removed to get the dash completely off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts