Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I need help or advice on heater core issue. I have no leaks from any hoses but I noticed the drain pipe for heater for fluid was pouring out I drove it a mile and all my fluid just came out through it and started to get hot. I have thought of bypassing heater core but my buddy says if I do that my car will over heat. What I want to know is how to replace the heater core or if I bypass it can I drive it without it overheating.

·
Registered
107 Posts
To the best of my knowledge. Your heater core has no coolant cooling properties. It is used to warm the cab air. The radiator and fan shroud assembly is what cools the coolant. So if you bypass your heater core. You should be fine. However you will have very limited air temp control in your cab. With the amount of work that you are going to have to do to bypass your heater core, you should just replace it. They aren't that exspensive.
On a side note, check to see if there is a petcock on the bottom of the heater core. Some have them some don't. But if the petcock is open, that would be your culprit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If there is a drainage hole, then there must be a valve to close the hole. Look for the valve. If there is no valve, then the hose is suppose to be connected to something in the nearby area. Look around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts