Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Spyder MT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I previously owned a 96 GS with a MT when I was in high school (my Fast and Furious wannabe days) and I always wished I could find another to have fun with. I just purchased a fully stock 2002 GS Spyder with a MT and 140k miles on the clock. I pick it up Friday. Really excited to own an Eclipse again and the nostalgia factor is off the chart. This time, however, there will be no body kits and neon...

The car is tired cosmetically, but the bones are great. It was always garaged in the winter and recently had its alternator, battery, front brake pads and rotors, front strut assemblies, and belts replaced. The previous owner also replaced the headlights when they began to haze, and the rear spoiler because it was faded. Everything on the car works as it should. The rag top is in great condition with good color and no tears or abrasions. The drivers seat has a huge gash in the leather butt cushion that is currently duck taped with a seat cover over it.

The plan is to restore it a little at a time. It's going to be my daily driver so it will likely remain stock. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

-r

·
Registered
2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Spyder MT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to see another clean, stock or near-stock restoration!
Yeah its going to be a daily driver and I drive a lot for work so stock is probably the way to go. I may throw some snow tires on the stock wheels and get aftermarket wheels and tires but that is probably it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts