Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just bought a new head unit for my car and am having a little trouble installing it. I got one of the adapter harnesses that plugs into the factory harness, but there is still one smaller plug and I’m not sure what it does.

The plug I’m referring to is the smaller one in the middle. Can someone help me with this?

Also, I have an aftermarket plug that plugs into the larger black plug on the left but am confused as to which plugs go where.

·
New To Site
2001 Spyder GT
245 Posts
I see you have the adapter to install an aftermarket radio ..The adapter should wire to your new radio and the RCA`s are as follows,
White.... Left Front
Grey...... Right Front
Green.... Left Rear
Violet..... Right Rear
Blue / White Stripe connect it to the radio remote wire on the black connector ..

·
New To Site
2001 Spyder GT
245 Posts
I should have mentioned that the RCA` `s all go to the out on the back of the radio.. That must be an awe-sum radio to dual sub outlets and a back up camera... Nice

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see you have the adapter to install an aftermarket radio ..The adapter should wire to your new radio and the RCA`s are as follows,
White.... Left Front
Grey...... Right Front
Green.... Left Rear
Violet..... Right Rear
Blue / White Stripe connect it to the radio remote wire on the black connector ..
Got it, thank you so much! Do you by chance know what that smaller plug (middle plug in the 1st picture?

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have mentioned that the RCA` `s all go to the out on the back of the radio.. That must be an awe-sum radio to dual sub outlets and a back up camera... Nice
Yeah it’s really nice. And I got it for a good price which is nice

·
New To Site
2001 Spyder GT
245 Posts
I am not sure what that plug is... but in my set up this plug was not used and my radio works fine. The original owner cut and spliced all the wires into an aftermarket radio... My harness is a mess but I bought the correct adapter and plan ti fix that some day... Working on lowering my Missbitchy at present ....

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not sure what that plug is... but in my set up this plug was not used and my radio works fine. The original owner cut and spliced all the wires into an aftermarket radio... My harness is a mess but I bought the correct adapter and plan ti fix that some day... Working on lowering my Missbitchy at present ....
Ah ok. I got mine hooked up but don't get any audio

·
New To Site
2001 Spyder GT
245 Posts
If every thing is hooked up.. try checking to make sure your amp is turning on with the radio... it`s under the passenger seat if you did not know ...

·
Registered
732 Posts
The issue is your stock amplifier isn't powering on. The blue wire w/ white stripe in the second picture needs to be connected to either the accessory power wire going to the radio (red wire) or the amp remote turn on wire coming out of the radio (dark blue and may have white stripe).

·
New To Site
2001 Spyder GT
245 Posts
I mentioned that the blue / white stripe was the remote wire .... If the wire is hooked up and still no power to the amp you can always find a 12v source at the interior fuse box.. Make sure the power its keyed power and not constant otherwise your amp will remain on and kill the battery....Let us know how you make out ......

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If every thing is hooked up.. try checking to make sure your amp is turning on with the radio... it`s under the passenger seat if you did not know ...
Alright, I'll take a look at that once I have the car back. Its in the shop right now

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The issue is your stock amplifier isn't powering on. The blue wire w/ white stripe in the second picture needs to be connected to either the accessory power wire going to the radio (red wire) or the amp remote turn on wire coming out of the radio (dark blue and may have white stripe).
I connected that blue wire to the amp remote turn on wire that was coming out of the radio. I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe the fuses?

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I mentioned that the blue / white stripe was the remote wire .... If the wire is hooked up and still no power to the amp you can always find a 12v source at the interior fuse box.. Make sure the power its keyed power and not constant otherwise your amp will remain on and kill the battery....Let us know how you make out ......
Will do. Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello everyone! I just bought a new head unit for my car and am having a little trouble installing it. I got one of the adapter harnesses that plugs into the factory harness, but there is still one smaller plug and I’m not sure what it does. View attachment 43780
The plug I’m referring to is the smaller one in the middle. Can someone help me with this?

Also, I have an aftermarket plug that plugs into the larger black plug on the left but am confused as to which plugs go where.
View attachment 43781
View attachment 43782
Hello everyone! I just bought a new head unit for my car and am having a little trouble installing it. I got one of the adapter harnesses that plugs into the factory harness, but there is still one smaller plug and I’m not sure what it does. View attachment 43780

View attachment 43781
View attachment 43782
Looks like you have an Eclipse that came with the Infinity Amplified system from the factory. The small plug in question is for the steering wheel controls buttons found on the back of the steering wheel. I believe it is six buttons. Three in each side. If you have any questions let me know. I also wrote up a whole post with lots of information on the stereo wiring of the eclipse.

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: There is a wire marked brake that I'm assuming goes to the parking brake. There isn't anywhere to wire it into the aftermarket plug I got that plugs into the stock stereo harness. Does this wire need to be connected for audio to work? If so, what is the best way of going about doing this?

·
Low and Slow.
1,800 Posts
Update: There is a wire marked brake that I'm assuming goes to the parking brake. There isn't anywhere to wire it into the aftermarket plug I got that plugs into the stock stereo harness. Does this wire need to be connected for audio to work? If so, what is the best way of going about doing this?
No, it just needs grounded to be able to watch video, or adjust certain settings in the system. You're supposed to tie it to one end of the parking brake switch, so that when the parking brake is engaged, and the light on the dash comes on, it completes a circuit, telling the unit you have the parking brake on, and the car is stopped.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts