Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start out by saying I am sorry for previous thread. I'm the mother of a 1 yr old who was sick and teething at the time with a car I can get inspected do to it throwing codes. Problems are as listed below:

1) when it was idling it was missin really bad clean k&n type filter really good seem to get better like the car had learned its idle but now it seem to be getting worse again. Could putting to much oil on the filter in past messed something up.

2) Had to drop tranny to replace clutch fork dad made me do work myself while he supervised and drank beer he forgot 2 tell me to unplug the speedometer and reverse lights now I CAN NOT find the connectors to replace them mine have disappeared. What I want to do is straight wire both but I do not know what wires to hook up together​

3) I need a rear motor mount not sure what to go back with need something that will stand up to quick take offs and quick shifting

4) codes its throwing: P0136-oxygen sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 2
P0135- oxygen sensor heater bank 1sensor 1
P0141- oxygen sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2

The rings on my halos do not work there made by option racing

The dash panal has been replaced with an aftermarket panel and has a switch that changes the color from a blue to a green and also dims the lights the switch is supposed to glow blue but doesn't unless you wiggle it and will make dash lights go out if you wiggle it just right.​

Think thats it will add on it I can think of anything else....Thanks in advance. I've looked through the threads see other ppl having same problems but never let you know what it was...

Oh yea my car has a 2.4 motor, manual tranny, cold air intake, halo head lights by option racing, and aftermarket dash panel pics of motor and dash lights on my page.

All of my windows have water spots on the outside where it set for a yr with broke timing belt how do I remove those. I've tried vinegar, alcohol, tooth paste, and like 3 different window cleaners.

·
Exacerbated Member
5,414 Posts
Those put in the freezer binky things for the teething child to gum on work great. Sorry if that seems flip but it's a priority thing with me. I have grand kids now and I only let professionals work on my car. That usually ends up being me.

Too much oil on the cleanable filter can be a bad thing, it will contaminate the sensors in the MAF.

Don't straight wire your transition wires, get replacement plugs from a salvage yard and color match the wires coming out of them (same year and model) use western union type splices solder and shrink tubing.

Since you have a rs your best bet is OEM motor mounts. The 4's suffer from bad idle shakes when aftermarket mounts are used.

Replace your O2 sensors.

Without seeing what has been done to your halo's and dash panel, all I can advise is, look for poorly spliced or non/or cold solder connections. Our platform has a very fussy and sensitive electrical system. Any time a switch responds to wiggling as you describe it most certainly needs replacing.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I dont recommend the using oem mounts to replace a broken oem mount. If you are doing quick take offs then you will most likely go through the new motor mount quickly. Upgraded motor mounts will make ur cabin shake a little more but its better than replacing the motor mounts again in a few months. Just replace the front and rear motor mounts n leave the rest oem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I need 2 replace maf or can it b cleaned. I've seen mixed answers on this. Some say no cleaning will mess it up, others say yea to read the back of the can an make sure my car isn't in the list of car not 2 use it on.

Thanks worldwide I posted this b4 and didnt post right had ppl giving me hard time about periods and got band cause I was a smart a** just wanted ppl to know I'm not always like that but I was very aggravated.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have some pics of my car on my page not many will try getting some of wiring for lights tomorrow..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts