Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I am new to this thread. Looks like a lot of knowledge here though. So...I have a 2006 Eclipse GS 2.4. 90,000 miles. My car stalled a few days ago and low and behold it was the timing belt. I purchased a timing belt kit and did the entire job. Timing belt, balance shaft belt, pullys, water pump. When the job was done the car started and ran perfect. However the water pump was leaking. I thought maybe bad pump so I got a new one, tore down whole thing again replaced it and it is leaking again. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. This would be the 3rd time tearing it down and its KILLING ME!!!

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,427 Posts
Make sure you have the right pump. There's a bigger one and a smaller one.

·
Pshyc
1,130 Posts
Hello Guys,

I am new to this thread. Looks like a lot of knowledge here though. So...I have a 2006 Eclipse GS 2.4. 90,000 miles. My car stalled a few days ago and low and behold it was the timing belt. I purchased a timing belt kit and did the entire job. Timing belt, balance shaft belt, pullys, water pump. When the job was done the car started and ran perfect. However the water pump was leaking. I thought maybe bad pump so I got a new one, tore down whole thing again replaced it and it is leaking again. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. This would be the 3rd time tearing it down and its KILLING ME!!!
You may get more answers at http://www.club4g.org
3g is 2000-20005. 4 is 2006+.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts