Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the pioneer avh3300 radio touchscreen with all the pugs in the back radio works good, I have good sound but here's where it gets weird due to work I had to take my subs out of my car to use it to haul my tools well I put them back in today and when I put power to the amp the radio stops playing music but is still on I don't know what the deal is iv done plenty of stereos before iv replaced the switched power wire to the aftermarket amp that didn't change the issue the fuses on the amp are good the fuse on the main power wire is good it's all 18gage wire for the ground and power so it's got good connection any help would be great I'm kinda scratching my head on this one

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
First question. When you were removing the subs did you disconnect the battery. If not you may have shorted something out. My radio would light up and display what station it was on but with no sound. I added a second ground wire at the radio itself and that corrected everything. ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No but the car was off and nothing touched it's got a 18gage from the battery to the amp in the trunk and 18 gage ground to the seat bolt and it usually works awsome it's been out for maybe two months I just hooked it back up today the light comes on the amp so it's got power but when it's supplied power the radio doesn't put sound to the rest of the speakers

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
No, but the car was off and nothing touched it's got a 18gage from the battery to the amp in the trunk and 18 gauge ground to the seat bolt, and it usually works awesome it's been out for maybe two months I just hooked it back up today the light comes on the amp, so it's got power but when it's supplied power the radio doesn't put sound to the rest of the speakers
I just re-read this information and wonder... so with the sub disconnected ... were you still able to play the radio ? When you reconnected the amp was the battery disconnected ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No iv always done my sterios wiring with the car off never shorted anything out in the past 15 years it's just kinda weird I think the amp might have gone bad I'm unsure why it's like this I hooked everything up when to hook the ground up and the radio stopped playing but was still on as soon as I disconnected the ground the sound came back

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
Even tho the car may be off, there are things that are live… Always disconnect the batter when doing any sort of electrical work… Example... The memory wire for your radio is a constant live wire...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts