Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I resently rebuilt my engine and am running ripps overdrive crank pulley and the smaller shaft pulley. I think it's supposed to run around 15-18psi. I'm been slowly allowing the engine to run more boost now that it's starting to get around 1,200 miles on the engine. I'm finding that it starts to slip around 9-10 psi. I also have removed my a/c system and know that the belt doesn't have quite as much contact area with the pulley now. The belt is very tight and I'd hate to tighten it more in fear of burning up my alternators bearings. Will the tensioner ripp sells be the only hope for a non-slipping belt or what?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yes sir.. Blet prob solved... It will help tighting the belt around the SDS pulley for ya.... Little bit of load on the rest but it should solve your prob..

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was afraid that maybe with a shorter belt it wouldn't add that much tension on it cause their was less slack. I guess that's not the case.

*what happened to the "edit post" link?

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
From what ive seen belt slip comes with the territory of the SDS :( The tensioner didnt help much when it was on my car.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to spend $200 on something that won't work.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Because the idiots at RIPP made a shitty design. They used a spring which is :ghey: they should have build one that tightens the belt with a screw device, I am working on a device that will do that to modify the RIPP tensioner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts