Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m installing on my 03 eclipse gts a black box fallowing the instruction that I get from this web site BUT a yellow cable from the map sensor and a black/white cable from the black box didn’t tell me what pin do I have to plug them. Anybody can help me????

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
ecuflash will solve all of your problems.
Yeah... EcuFlash can't reference manifold pressure. So... you can't pull timing relative to boost nor add fuel with boost. Instead, you have to reference ECU Load which is a nebulous value based upon IDC. Any tuning device that references boost automatically has an edge over the stock ECU.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Yeah... EcuFlash can't reference manifold pressure. So... you can't pull timing relative to boost nor add fuel with boost. Instead, you have to reference ECU Load which is a nebulous value based upon IDC. Any tuning device that references boost automatically has an edge over the stock ECU.
Right but for the wrong reasons.

First this is not a 3S computer that interpolates load & IDC's from MAF frequencies.

Second, ECUFlash doesn't mean shit to the equation. ECUFlash is just the software, simply a tool, it doesn't need to reference manifold pressure because it doesn't do the calculations needed for the engine to run, the car's computer does that. The code in the stock computer which is stored in ROM does not calculate load over 100%. This means it does not understand boost.

Oh and the stock computer CAN and DOES reference manifold pressure. The whole purpose of the MDP is to monitor fluctuations in manifold pressure due to EGR valve functionality. If the code was written to support load values in excess of 100%, you could use the MDP sensor as a boost sensor and tune that way.

ECUFlash is fine for naturally aspirated V6's... It's fine for the RS/GS w/ an EVO ROM reflash. It's even working good for some boosted V6 guys. To think however that reflashing the stock computer for the V6 is the end all game for boosting the V6... Well that is just stupid. There is only one way to make a GT model have a stock computer that understands boost, and unfortunately I won't spend the money on a MUT-II to make it happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts