Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased reverse glow gauges for my 00 gs but they didn't come with instructions does anyone know what i would wire the red and black power wires to?

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
Behind your radio, you can use the orange wire that comes from the aftermarket harness (assuming you have an aftermaket HU). It probably isn't used right now, but it will light your guages up when your parking lights are on. Where did you get them from???

Edit:

If you don't have an aftermarket HU, I can go check which wire to tap into in the factory harness. PM me if you need to, goes straight to my email.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
ok, dom284, check it. honestly if you can't figure that out by yourself, you shouldn't be doing this and need a friend/professional to do it, before you blow a circuit. you are asking about the EASIEST, but most dangerous if done wrong step of the installation.

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
true. always listen to that man /\

·
FeelsGoodToBeGangsta
1,617 Posts
Black connector to gauges- It has 2 wires that you need.

Black wires go together on the gauges and connector
Green/white on the connector--> red wire on gauges

Its that easy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got these off ebay for 27 bucks but they came with no instructions. i currently have them wired to an inverter which plugs in to my cigarette lighter. I was just gonna splice the red power wire to the green wire on the dimmer and ground then ground it... i just wanted to get input from other people on their thoughts and ideas on what i should do

·
FeelsGoodToBeGangsta
1,617 Posts
Did you not read my post? I guess you could use the dimmer switch green/white for the power, and the black for ground as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts