Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm relatively new this is my second post. I was driving to work "banging gears" and I'm not sure if i blew the clutch? i had to push the car of the road. the car wouldnt shift into gear when pressing the clutch down when the car was off. i did is smell a burning smell. motor is fine it just the car doesn't move now. Thanks any tips onto what it could be would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
835 Posts
Obviously you have clutch problems... Let's hope it is just the friction plate or throw out bearing or clutch fork... A burn smell most likely the friction disk.... When you replace it, don't buy anything off eBay or Amazon... Take a look at Clutch Masters or any other reputable dealer... There was a lady trying to install a clutch she bought off eBay, and it turned out to be the wrong clutch for her car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously you have clutch problems... Let's hope it is just the friction plate or throw out bearing or clutch fork... A burn smell most likely the friction disk.... When you replace it, don't buy anything off eBay or Amazon... Take a look at Clutch Masters or any other reputable dealer... There was a lady trying to install a clutch she bought off eBay, and it turned out to be the wrong clutch for her car.
lmao thank you for the suggestion. When i told my friend the first link he sent me was a clutch from eBay. Appreciate the response. Lmao the last owner let the car sit for two years so I'm just tryna put together what was forgotten

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have a Exedy clutch kits with some other parts I'll sell for a V6 transmission. PM if you're interested. I'm having to sell off a lot of parts for my GTS project that I'm having to shut down due to rust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts