Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Woohoo, props for second post ending up in the graveyard? Fixed my CC from the first post and now my little black fat fraggle faced idiot magnet is toastier than Bob Marley on a Tuesday.

Driving back from a weekend in Pennsylvania, when the Saw Mill River Parkway in New York ate my car.

Something like, pothole, shit rear tires, first 20 minutes of unplowed snowfall and making a right turn equaled this wonderful situation I find myself in. This happened a few months ago and I've been busy and haven't had time to post, but here we go. :rant2:

I was 100 meters out of a stop light, slight left, slight right, got up to around 40 mph and hit a little bump and came out of the turn sideways. Let the wheel hang loose with a little counter pressure, following the road and trying straighten it the car. It came back and started the other direction, threw the wheel hard to avoid the guy in the outside lane who hit his brakes and put his flashers on as he saw me fishtailing. Slid to the outside rail on the outer edge of the road and bounced of the last couple of meters of it. That saved me from going into the woods. Slid around 180º, back across the road to the other rail, car's lowered so I go under the rail, clip a support and that whips the car the rest of the way, slam the rear end up against the rail and land 290º facing the woods.

No airbags... Literally, there are none in this car. Thanks Todd, you scheisse meister, nice going schweinehund. :rant:

So, this little wonder is now totaled. I made it out without a scratch, I'm kind of hard to kill it seems. Nobody else was hurt, no other property damage besides that contained herein. I Wish I wasn't so mad at the time, I would've parted it out. There's some good stuff in there, the new stuff I added to hopefully make it less of a complete dumpster fire, but to no avail. It was still an absolute toilet.

Got something new in the works, I'll post about it soon. :)

Cheers!

·
54,331 Posts
Well, hopefully you learned your lesson about driving for the conditions and taking into account the condition of your car and the condition of the road when deciding how to drive. You can't blame anyone but yourself for this one, so just learn and don't make the same mistake again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts