Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a question what is the best body kit for a Mitsubishi Eclipse gts Spyder? I been looking for long time now, best exhaust and where can I find one? the best wheels for the gts Spyder? can anyone please tell me and where I can find it so I could buy the parts I need for my eclipse spyder please and thank you.

163285311_781586689144848_2457862257294481504_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
297 Posts
I cant say what the best body kit would be..because there are to many styles.. Here are a few names for you..
West WIng http://www.wingswest.com/catalog/Se...2003&Category=Full+Kit&keyword&bycategory=yes
Duraflex 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Upgrades, Body Kits and Accessories : Driven By Style LLC
Here is a link to cat back exhaust kits.. 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Complete Performance Exhaust Systems – CARiD.com
There are just to many different styles of rims to say this one is the best..Depends if you are lowering the car...racing the car... rally .. different wheel and tires for different driving abilities...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay great thank you and what about wheels? and should I do a engine swapped because the engine already has 155K miles on it already. And if I change engine what engine should I swapped and where can I the engine to buy it if swapped?

·
Registered
24 Posts
okay great thank you and what about wheels? and should I do a engine swapped because the engine already has 155K miles on it already. And if I change engine what engine should I swapped and where can I the engine to buy it if swapped?
Do you need to really engine swap because of the mileage on it, or because you want more power?
These engines can last up to 300,000 if you really take care of them(regular maintenance).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you need to really engine swap because of the mileage on it, or because you want more power?
These engines can last up to 300,000 if you really take care of them(regular maintenance).
I really want to do a engine swap for a low miles one and also to boost more power on it as well

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
297 Posts
I see you are not using the " Search Community " with the little magnifying glass at the top of the page .. Use different search words like... 6G72 upgrade... 6G72 swap .. ?????
There is plenty enough info on this subject... Best of luck with your search... this info is easy to find ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see you are not using the " Search Community " with the little magnifying glass at the top of the page .. Use different search words like... 6G72 upgrade... 6G72 swap .. ?????
There is plenty enough info on this subject... Best of luck with your search... this info is easy to find ..
no I already tried searching but it wasn't really help me that much that why I decided to post my own question. And wait to get the answer from people.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
297 Posts
If all you are looking for is low miles why don`t you have the engine in the car rebuilt.. You can`t get any lower miles than that.. Asking what body kit , wheels and exhaust are best is only that persons opinion .. I would suggest looking through all the members pictures until you find the wheels you like and then ask that person what they are...
I would also suggest that you add more information about your car to your profile..
With a bit of searching I found this..

#3 · Sep 10, 2012 (Edited)

Welcome to the club!:wavey:
Ok, so there are a lot of threads out there that talk about this. I've been researching this exact question for about 3 months now and I'm finally set on doing the 6g75 swap.

However, in your case I would really approach the situation in a couple of ways.
1. Ask yourself, what is your end game? How much power do you want and how much money am I willing to spend to get that power?
2. Do I want to boost the engine, or do I want to see if I can get the power from natural aspiration and tunes?
This is where it gets a little more complicated because boosting any engine is going to cost massive amounts of $$$. So keep that in mind.

Now as for the exact engines there are a couple of them. There is no compiled list somewhere that I’ve found but from my reading and from what I understand the engines are:
6g72 = 3.0L GT Engine (Can be boosted for a lot of $$$)
6g74 = 3.5L Engine (These engines can take boost and give back enough power to put your balls in your chest when you slam the gas and hook :lol:)
6g75 = 3.8L Non-Mivec engine (Usually used as a N/A engine because it doesn’t take well to boost but with a nice tune and some nice mods you can get some serious power out of it.)
I also know that the EVO VIII (I believe) engine parts bolt right up to the 4 cylinder GS/RS engines. So I suppose you could just swap down and then grab all the EVO parts and boost that and be happy. Might need to check this.

Here are some good threads to read for engine swaps that I've read and looked into. There are a ton more but these are just the ones that came up during a quick search that I recognized.
6G74 Swap Requirements
My 6g74 Swap progress threadSupercharged Standalone 6G75 Swap
And of course
Been a long time coming

This is a long process so make sure you really research it. Like I said, I’ve been reading threads for about 3 months now and making notes. But I hope this helps you get started and put you on the right track.
Also, if any other members read through this and notices either something is not right or that I’m just a complete idiot feel free to add!:lol:

Oh and as a side note: Look at almost every thread from this part of the forum
3G Eclipse GT/GTS Specific
Forced Induction & Nitrous

Hope this helps....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts