Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, you guys can call me Anduce...

I'm 21 and I'm from Puerto Rico.:)
I bought my first car (used-'obviously') for $1,500 (AND THE DUDE GAVE AN EXTRA PAIR OF CHROME LEXANI WHEELS!!!) on October 2015.;)

She's a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS (V6/24VALVE) with approx. 130,000 miles on it.:blush2:

It's completely stock, but I want to make her a beast!

She gave me some problems in the first few months I bought her (Things I've been able to fix up). But the more I use it, the more fault I find in her.:rant2:

I'm thinking on investing around $2,000 on her:
($1000 New Convertible Roof, $1000 Exterior) or
($1000 New Convertible Roof, $1000 Engine) or
($2000 Engine: New Pistons-Catback Exhaust System-New Brake Rotors and Pads-New Shocks Struts(Front and Back)-Cold air intake-New Radiator and Fans- New Tubes and Cables- New Spark Plugs, Cables and Heat Boots).:dunno:

This is her engine right now.:(

NOTE: I don't mind so much the interior, is not 5/5 but not something that requires money right know.:rolleyes:

ALL FEEDBACK AND QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!!:wavey:

Miniature Eclipse I've had since 2001 (A toy from McDonald) :lol:

Having this car is actually a dream come true...:eek3:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome and your feedback...

Welcome. Invest your money into any maintenance it needs. Timing belt is a big one. If she just had it done, good. If not, do it, now. Spark plugs, gaskets, trans fluid, coolant, ect...
Thanks for the welcome and your input. Yes, all of that is part of the engine investment.:eek3:

Any feedback/ideas/experiences you can give me on the hp gain from the airintake and the catback exhaust system (among the few other things I've mentioned)??:rolleyes:

Any do's and dont's??:dunno:

Like I mentioned its the 2003 V6 Shiftronic Transmission GTS.:eek:

This is my first car so all feedback is welcome.:wavey:

·
Administrator
16,320 Posts
Truth is, the only way to squeeze any power out of these cars is with forced induction. And with your GTS already having a higher compression piston that are brittle, it aint easy. There are no "kits" for these cars either. You're talking custom fabrication and a lot of downtime.

The cheapest way for power out of the V6s is the 6G75 3.8 swap. Either way, you're looking at a bit of coin, downtime, and a lot of research.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truth is, the only way to squeeze any power out of these cars is with forced induction. And with your GTS already having a higher compression piston that are brittle, it aint easy. There are no "kits" for these cars either. You're talking custom fabrication and a lot of downtime.

The cheapest way for power out of the V6s is the 6G75 3.8 swap. Either way, you're looking at a bit of coin, downtime, and a lot of research.
Ok :yesway:
Thanks...

I'll be so exighted to know that I'll have a $30,000 car for less than $5,000 when I finish fixing her up completely (engine, roof, interior and exteriors)...:lol:

I'll be sure to post any progress I make...

Thanks again for your time... :yesway:

·
Willful Aspirer
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome! Pics of the Lexani's? Also, we are getting a group buy together for a rear strut bar made specifically for the Spyder. This will probably be your only chance to ever get one so you should hop right into it. http://www.club3g.com/forum/group-buys/149762-gb-3rd-gen-spyder-rear-strut-bar-mochi-3.html#post4250977

EDIT: Also a new convertible roof if you do it yourself only costs about $300,
Thanks for the welcome...:wavey:

I'm in puerto rico, sending the Lexani's back to the US will be costly (they are big 18*8)...

I'll upload the pics anyways so you can see them (as soon as I get on my PC/ im on my phone right now)...:yesway:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lexani Wheels and Convertible Roof...

Oh cool, outside of the states member :yesway:
Uploaded, you can go on my albums and see them..:agreed:

The convertible roof, I found a place that makes them, installs them and give you 2 years of warranty...:eek3:

Yes, I did found it on amazon for about $300 but professional install would be $400.:rant2:

But I wanna go to the local place because like I mentioned, they'll do everything plus two years of warranty. If I bought it made it would be a mind blowing hassle if i get the wrong thing, money and time be wasted and etc. etc.:rant2:

More questions/feedback/and advices please...:wavey::wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome. And I have to say I miss Puerto rico. I'm not from there but I'm Puerto rican. lol! But as for the wheels...................:ghey:
I'd sell them, and get some better wheels.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome. And I have to say I miss Puerto rico. I'm not from there but I'm Puerto rican. lol! But as for the wheels...................:ghey:
I'd sell them, and get some better wheels.
Hello fellow P.Rican :wavey:

Yea I try to but every guy that approaches me either he don't know the patterns to his own car or he knows but it wont fit his car ... No luck really :/ And I've been trying to sell them since October 2015...

They are 18*8 and 5-100/5-114.3...
They look cool and are in perfect shape but im not into Chrome nor Luxury Wheels... I like Enkei Racing/Sport or BBS..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts