Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

HID bulbs in the stock foglights?

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Clipzin33 
#1 ·
I got an H3 HID kit for a great price and I want to put the HIDs in my foglights, will they fit in the stock foglights for an 01 GT, or will I have to buy some sort of aftermarket foglights to put the longer bulbs in?

#4 ·
Like Bitter said you are going to blind the shit out of people. If you want them to fit your going to have to fab up inserts and the housing. Then your going to have to find a way to squeeze projectors in there and mount them securely. Basically its going to cost you more then the actual HID's.

#15 ·
Actually its just yellow not brighter. Yellow cuts through fog/rain bighter hence why stock lights are yellowish tint.

Not sure why this has become such a problem. Alot of people are putting HID's in their fogs.
Im pretty sure you mean Xenon bulbs. For a true HID fog setup you need projectors fabricated in there. If a lot of people are putting them in they are probably putting them in wrong and killing their output since theres no projectors to aim the light.

#13 ·
Either way he is going to have to completely fabricate the inside of the foglights IF he can even find a projector small enough to fit in there. Starting price for projectors are around $100, then your going to have to fiberglass which if you dont know how they are going to take you up the ass. All in all its going to cost you at the minumum $200 just to fab up the housings if possible. Just sell them on ebay and get xenon "HID" bulbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.