Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
concha de tu madre!!
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought this HID kit on ebay, it's a plug and play kit. I took it to a shop for installation and after it's installed, im told the lights will only work when the high beam is on, so now my fog lights don't work. I contacted the seller of the kit and he said the installer didn't install it properly most likely. Can anybody tell what's keeping this kit from working with my brights on.

btw, i own an eclipse spyder gt '03, please help me!!!

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
so i bought this HID kit on ebay, it's a plug and play kit. I took it to a shop for installation and after it's installed, im told the lights will only work when the high beam is on, so now my fog lights don't work. I contacted the seller of the kit and he said the installer didn't install it properly most likely. Can anybody tell what's keeping this kit from working with my brights on.

i dont have any experience with hids so i cant help you, but i bet if you would put a link to the kit you bought, it would help ppl solve your problem

·
Previous 3g Owner
1,363 Posts
He wired it up to the high beam wires then, what a dumbass.
:agreed: The only way that the HIDs would only go on with the high beam is if they were actually wired to the high beam. Take out the HID kit and plug it into the low beam harness. Simple plug and play as the kit should be. I would also get back to the shop and either have them fix it or get your money back.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
If it was plug-and-play, why not put it in yourself? :dunno:

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
The shop fucked up the install. They just need to move the HID wiring over to the low beams. Damn, can't they follow instructions written in broken english?? LOL ;)

Seriously, the fix should take less than 2 minutes.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
The shop fucked up the install. They just need to move the HID wiring over to the low beams. Damn, can't they follow instructions written in broken engrish?? LOL ;)

Seriously, the fix should take less than 2 minutes.
Fixt.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
LMFAO!!! Thanks chief... I needed that this AM.

FanaticNY: Just curious if you are using stock headlight housings or something aftermarket?

·
Registered
915 Posts

yup they wired the hid lights wrong, all you have to do is reverse the 2 wires by the harness ...so that it is wired to come on with your lows, instead of wired to come on with your highs....the shop you did it at is darn stupid.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
You took a plug and play kit to a shop for install.. :lol: :lol:

What was said above is the correct fix. Additionally, as the car is configured, the OEM foglights will NOT be on with the highbeams. So, if you cut the highbeams and replace with HID's, the same still holds true. If you install them on the low-beams like you were suppsed to, then you're fine.

·
Bringing sexy back
4,644 Posts
Now with it saying plug and play it seems kind of common sense, but alot of them even with being plug and play still say to get it professionally done.

·
concha de tu madre!!
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i tried to but i couldn't get it to work, that's why i took it to a shop............just like everyone i like doing things myself

·
Bringing sexy back
4,644 Posts
True highjack, but the factory reflective housing is going to get him pulled over real quick, and it will look like shit.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
You took a plug and play kit to a shop for install.. :lol: :lol:
:) In his defense I ill say that both of my HID kits were marketed as "plug and play". However, BOTH required wire stripping, soldering, heat shrinking, etc. Far from what I consider to be "plug and play". Also, my "Engrish" version instructions were crap. It was easer or me to just wire them up without looking at the instructions than it was for me to try to follow them.

True highjack, but the factory reflective housing is going to get him pulled over real quick, and it will look like shit.
I was thinking the same thing... those might have some SERIOUS glare. I don't recall seeing any OEMs with HIDs installed :scratch:

BTW, I just got my 2nd set finished today (foglights) :hspin:

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
:) In his defense I ill say that both of my HID kits were marketed as "plug and play". However, BOTH required wire stripping, soldering, heat shrinking, etc. Far from what I consider to be "plug and play". Also, my "Engrish" version instructions were crap. It was easer or me to just wire them up without looking at the instructions than it was for me to try to follow them.
True. I laughed at the directions that were provided with mine as well.

BTW, I just got my 2nd set finished today (foglights) :hspin:
:hspin:

I did the same. I have 2 sets of HID's, one on the lowbeam of the Depo's, and the other installed in the 03+ OEM Foglights on a standalone switch. :)

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
I had a problem with my install. When I turn on my lights, one of the bulbs turns on for a millisecond then shuts off. I've replugged everything in and it's all nice and snug and I don't believe any wires are touching. What could be causing this? TIA.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts