Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My idle was perfect until I changed my valve cover gaskets and now it idles at 1500 rpm but when I push the throttle from under the hood it goes back to 800 and then when I press the gas pedal it goes back to 1500 rpm...what can it be?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is it a V6? And if so, was it the rear valve cover, where you have to remove the intake manifold?

If that's the case then you may have missed hooking up a vacuum line around the throttle body or perhaps the throttle cable is not positioned correctly when you re-installed it. These are just some thoughts because I've had idle issues before with my GT.(My issues were with the throttle body itself though.) I am not a mechanic so I'm sure there are others on here who can give more solid advice. I'm just a guy who likes to turn wrenches and get greasy. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had only changed the front valve cover and I'm thinking my throttle body is bad cuz I've checked the vacuum lines and they are good as far as I can tell but I'm looking into it and thanks for the info anything helps...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts