Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT with a 3.0 liter I would like to try to find a set of headers and some high performance heads along with possibly a high performance chip to go in my computer. If anyone could tell me where I might buy high performance parts for my Mitsubishi Eclipse it would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
there are no "high performance" heads, ECU Chips are not a thing with the eclipse. you can reflash the ecu thats about it.

·
881 Posts
Yeah it's not a SBC so not going to get off the shelf performance parts. Heads can be ported and polished, but really you'll see more gains with less effort with an engine swap for a bigger V6. Check out some of the more recently updated build threads for some ideas.

Also, like was said, performance chips aren't a thing with these cars. I don't think they've been a thing for any car made in the past 20 or so years. Most ECUs are much too complicated to just solder a new chip on the main board. Flashing is the way to go. Check out tactrix for cables and openport and evoscan for flashing and data logging. Plenty of threads on these tools and how they're used for eclipses.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate all the information the last car I built is a 94 Mustang it had a 50 in it we pulled that out put a 5/8 in it 650 horse

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know it just don't make no sense to build a beautiful car like that and not give it any high performance parts or any way to give it more horsepower that car was built for Speed

·
Registered
82 Posts
You know it just don't make no sense to build a beautiful car like that and not give it any high performance parts or any way to give it more horsepower that car was built for Speed
Your best bet is to swap in the 3.8l mivec engine. It's cheap reliable power and if you dig hard enough you should be able to complete the swap for under 2k.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A 3.8 huh that's something to think about I wonder if I can get high performance parts for it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife gets nervous whenever I talk high performance or engine swap after the last ordeal we're spending over $20,000 on a Mustang rebuilding it he gets a little nervous

·
881 Posts
Honestly, if you want a car that has off-the-shelf performance parts, buy another mustang. There is and never was any aftermarket support for these cars. Also, if you're used to mustang performance, the eclipse will underwhelm you unless you start fabbing turbo kits which are anything but affordable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I thought about buying a turbo supercharger or something like that and then having my computer flashed I have talk to Unleashed performance down in the Glenwood which is south of me Mustang yeah I love them but right now my wife would shoot me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts