Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would make a thread about the bar where all the pictures can be saved, the other one got way too cluttered. So here it is, again.

Back in May of 2003, after MCMike having the idea, and us making a frame many months earlier, we actually started finishing it. Dig the color of the walls. :agreed:

Putting the bottle tops on.

All the bottle tops are finally on.

After getting the tops on, it was time to skin the bar with some nice looking wood.

Finally, stained and done. Or so I thought anyway.

The bar stayed that way for a while, and sometime in '04 I decided I wanted to change things around again so I changed the wall paint and added a drip rail for the backside of the bar.

Around this same time my friend decided that the bar needed a bar sign, so he made me one. Its completely hand made and weighs in the neighborhood of 40lbs. Mike is the man. :agreed:

Along with the sign came some wiring for a dimmer switch for the sign. The sign itself is covered in phosphorescent paint and the lighting we installed has two blacklights. When the blacklights are on the sign with the room darkened, only the lettering on the sign glows.

Safety first electrical wiring for the dimmer switch with big knives.

Well, another lull happened, I was happy with the bar, and didn't feel as if I needed to do much else.

It's now 2005, and I am sick of the look of the room, so I decided to repaint the room, again, now in a dark billiard room green. Little things have been moved around on the walls here and there, but it's all pretty much the same.

Well, I was again happy with the color, and the way the room looked.

Then earlier this year I thought about the three keg keggerator I have sitting in my garage.

Why make the effort to go outside to pour a beer when I can sit comfortably in my bar room and drink from the walls?

So we started that.

We had to move the monitor up, because we wanted to place the faucets there.

Measured, drilled some holes, and then put all the hardware in so the beer would flow like water.

Overinsulated keggerator, the inside temperature varies between 21 and 33 degrees, the insulation plays a huge role in that.

Well, after looking at the finished product,

and hearing ya'lls suggestions, it needed something. A stainless steel backsplash.

While this whole beer through the wall thing was going on, I decided that I wanted to build a TV stand thing. It started out as a simple sketch for the TV, then became a corner hutch thing that not only matches the bar, holds a TV, and a Budweiser sign, but my Cerwin Vega 12" sub. I have the funk in that cabinet now.

So there I sat. Since I talked about getting some brass rails in there, I figured might as well be a good a time as any.

So that's how it stands for now. I am debating making a wood elbow rail, or going with my original plan of a brass one to match the footrail. But, I'm not in a rush.

·
vBulletin Admin
16,671 Posts
Sam said:

On another note, I spoke with Rob yesterday. I am going to mail him all the completed paperwork he needs to sign to get his name off the public records. Once he signs and mails them, that will take care of that. I will be updating the website this week as well.

I am gonna try and get up there for that party of yours, maybe you, Chris, and I can get up sometime beforehand and work some more things out.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
sweet shit :yesway:

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ED said:
On another note, I spoke with Rob yesterday. I am going to mail him all the completed paperwork he needs to sign to get his name off the public records. Once he signs and mails them, that will take care of that. I will be updating the website this week as well.
Good deal man.

ED said:
I am gonna try and get up there for that party of yours, maybe you, Chris, and I can get up sometime beforehand and work some more things out.
We can do that man, no problem.

·
bollocks
19,089 Posts
Strider said:
Very nice Sam! :bigthumb:

Just give us some time, and then there will be kickass bars on both sides of the country. :woot:
you should connect them through here with live webcam feeds :lol:

·
N my Flippy Floppies
16,710 Posts
That is pure Secsi!

·
FOH Q
3,774 Posts
That's awesome! So from start to finish, how much is the total cost of it?

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
eclipseGT00 said:
That's awesome! So from start to finish, how much is the total cost of it?

Including the keggerator? If not, there's probably 2.5k into materials. The keggerator was a gift from a friend who was moving, but new that model I have is about 3k.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts