Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Pee in the sink
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not totaled by any means, but I think this is the best fitting forum.

I woke up yesterday morning to find my front fender bashed in. By the looks of it, it appears to be from a truck because the wheel/tire is unscathed. I think its form the neighbors across the street. They have a big pickup truck. My street is pretty packed most nights/weekends. The owner of the house across the street also drives a black CR-V but always parks on the street. Because of the lack of parking, she decided to block half of her driveway. I assume the truck backed out to avoid the CR-V but backed into my car, and then the jackass didnt bother leaving a note or anything. I went over to their house earlier but they were gone, and the truck wasnt in their garage (convenient). I filed a policed report and made an insurance claim. I took lots of pictures (these are only half) to document the details.

This is the only reason its undriveable, I dont want to shred my tire.

And, In my opinion, the culprit. The house straight across

Notice their CR-V that is blocking half their driveway

The view from their driveway:

Fresh tire marks in their driveway indicating someone trying to maneuver through the narrow driveway spot.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
There's some damage on the front of the red car in front of the neighbor's house. Was that car always damaged or is that fresh as well.

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
I say you burn a cross on his lawn!! Then buy dope Z3 Fenderz!

But really, it's going to be hard to prove something like that. Sorry to see that though, your car is gorgeous.

·
Pee in the sink
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got a hold of the neighbor last night. He was pretty passive about it and didn't seem very concerned. But he was certain it wasn't him either. I looked at his truck in detail before I talked to him, and he may be right. He has one of those bright yellow F-150's with the plastic bumpers. While he has PLENTY of bumper damage on all 4 corners, it doesn't quite appear like it was him.

What sucks, is that I'm going to be out of a $500 deductible if I cant find the person. :noway: So I may put off the repairs until after Christmas.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
That really sucks man. I hope everything works out for you in the end.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
on something like this, you never report to insurance. Unless the damage is way more than your deductible + increased premiums, you have to suck it up. Sorry to hear that.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I finally got a hold of the neighbor last night. He was pretty passive about it and didn't seem very concerned. But he was certain it wasn't him either. I looked at his truck in detail before I talked to him, and he may be right. He has one of those bright yellow F-150's with the plastic bumpers. While he has PLENTY of bumper damage on all 4 corners, it doesn't quite appear like it was him.

What sucks, is that I'm going to be out of a $500 deductible if I cant find the person. :noway: So I may put off the repairs until after Christmas.
Well.. hold on one second. Is it really worth reporting? In the photos, it only appears as if the left front fender was busted up...

Estimate fender repair and paint at the shop.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
That sucks man,

All the damage to my car has been from people nailing it while it was parked... and not one person has left a note...

I think the front left side is the only corner not nicked...

Always joked that it adds character when it happens to mine, but I hate seeing it happen to such a beautiful car...

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I would measure the height of the damage and then take a yard stick or tape measure around and check the height of the bumpers for all your neighbors' cars. I would be sure to check on a Friday/Sat night or whenever the street is usually packed. I'd pay special attention to vehicles with black paint, rubber bumpers, or chromed/metal bumpers.

And I agree about not filing a claim, especially if you can handle installing the fender yourself. One fender and paint should be less than your deductible and your insurance rate would never go up due to this incident.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
One fender and paint should be less than your deductible and your insurance rate would never go up due to this incident.
:agreed:

One thing to note though.. insurance rates never increase due to comprehensive claims. They only increase due to collision or points from moving violations.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
One thing to note though.. insurance rates never increase due to comprehensive claims. They only increase due to collision or points from moving violations.
Are you positive that s the cae in every state? I have been under the impression that if your car was broken into several times and you kept submittin claims then your rates would/could increase. I guess if that is not legal for them to do then they would just drop your policy. I'm sure the insurance company has a way to protect their almighty profits. :dunno:

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Are you positive that s the cae in every state? I have been under the impression that if your car was broken into several times and you kept submittin claims then your rates would/could increase. I guess if that is not legal for them to do then they would just drop your policy. I'm sure the insurance company has a way to protect their almighty profits. :dunno:
I'm not 100% sure, I just know that my policy with State Farm here in VA is not like that. However, that is true.. submitting MULTIPLE claims does put you in the red zone to be dropped.

·
I'd Rather Be Flying
2,106 Posts
yeah don't pay $500 deductible for just a cheap repair. i was about to to the same but thank god that deer came and busted my bumper and hood as well. that way those $500 were worth it and bought my self my new hood :D

·
Pee in the sink
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah Im probably going to cancel the claim. A new fender form the dealer costs $271. Im also looking at fenders off eBay including CF fenders, but I want something that is going to fit and line up 100% Anyone have a good source to get OEM fenders cheap?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Yeah Im probably going to cancel the claim. A new fender form the dealer costs $271. Im also looking at fenders off eBay including CF fenders, but I want something that is going to fit and line up 100% Anyone have a good source to get OEM fenders cheap?
Local junkyard? Hell it has to be painted anyway...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts