Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put one on my gt was this a bad buy? should i have went with a aem or injen? and i also i have hks exhaust was that too or wat do you guys think?

·
Pandora
864 Posts
wrong section....this is the for sale section.

to answer your question there has been a lot of debate about what intake is better. Aem and Ingen are the more popular brand and they do hold some very good dyno scores....however people were saying that there isnt too much of a difference that its just personal preference.(some members have bought ebay intakes and were happy) I have a Aem V2. Which is a cold air intake and because of the weather i have only one tube installed so its short air atm. Anyways The v2 i strongly believe increases the torque and hp. not to mention it gives it a deeper throaty growl. Are you happy with how yours sounds and how it looks????

·
Medic
2,354 Posts
For Sale/Wanted.:ugh2:

AEM and Injen make the best quality intakes you can find. Im yet to see any ebay kits that match the quality.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i am actually..... all my friends (honda tuners) make fun of me because i wasted so much money on it... its ok though ha

·
Pandora
864 Posts
i agree to defenetly not buy ebay intakes but from the research from what other members were saying it raises some questions. It just depends on what your looking for. Are you looking to slightly increase performance and looks for cheap or are you looking for a performance part. As for the one you have is it a Cold Air or Short Ram? What size piping is it? Filter size?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3 inch i have a pic but i dont know how to use this site yet.... i forgot i was even on here ..anyways how do i post it to show you?

·
Pandora
864 Posts
ya i am actually..... all my friends (honda tuners) make fun of me because i wasted so much money on it... its ok though ha
yeah who cares how much you spend as long as its what you want and it works. :) aem v2 is the most expensive intake......I sometimes wonder why i spent that much for a piece of pipe and a filter but then i turn my car on or i pop the hood and it just makes sense. I paid for quality and thats exactly what i got.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i actually was gonna buy one my friend has a 4 cyl it sounds good on his he has a 00 eclipse gs

·
Pandora
864 Posts
3 inch i have a pic but i dont know how to use this site yet.... i forgot i was even on here ..anyways how do i post it to show you?
i dont have time to explain how to post pictures other than read the thread and use a picture host like imageshack.....back to the intake....3inches is good. ill see if i can look at the stats of the intake you got and compare it to others. Kinda busy atm but try to get a picture up. How much did you spend?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i paid 150 thats not all the tubbing its just one snap shot i took before i installed it tonight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.