Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Homemade Clear Signals for the 2003-2005 Eclipse.

Tags
clears diy rare
3K views 35 replies 5 participants last post by  Sisyphus58 
Good to see someone making the effort to create something original. When it does not exist, make it yourself. Good for you 👍 ...J.D.

I have done a lot of fabricating. Sometimes it is the only way to get what you want. I lucked out on my front lenses. They still make them for my 2001. I am fairly well equipped to whip up my own creations. ...J.D.

Machine tool Gas Spinning Engineering Toolroom

I really do not see what the big passion is about the clear lenses. I was not going to install them in my car, but the original amber ones got so old and faded, I had to do something. On the early models, the cheap and easy fix was to go to the clear ones. ...J.D.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

It all depends on the owner. I drive mine. It gets dirty. Then it gets washed. Sometimes it gets left outside if I am overnight somewhere. Fun car, but it is there to be driven. I have 6 vehicles. If it takes up garage space, it has to be useful. No trailer queens allowed. ...J.D.

They are SUPPOSED to be all tuff on things like tinting and correct lights etc. in this state, but they have their hands full with more important things. They will stop you if you have "limo tint" but any lighter than that, they don't say much. I ride around on my bikes with yellow headlights & loud pipes and they leave me alone. ...J.D.

Too many people, for sure. Been here all my life. California is due for another "purge cycle". Happens every 10 yrs. or so when the economy goes into recession. Lots of people go back home because they cannot cut it here.
This is not a place for the faint hearted. Anyhow...Back to the subject of cars. ...J.D.

ye. i understand. i plan on just doing cams to my 6g72, anything I should I know b4 I do so?
I see no benefit in changing out the cams. Back in another life [before going to college] I did some professional engine building. In my experience, your money is better spent making the engine flow air. The real potential of more aggressive cam timing cannot be gained unless the intake and exhaust are improved first. Also, any real significant increase in cam lift and duration needs to be accompanied by a raise in compression. Otherwise, the low end performance suffers, and the engine idles pretty rough. You also get into ECU mapping issues. These things need to be done as a package. ...J.D.

Mine is up to over 143,000mi. and has never been apart, except for re-sealing the valve covers and spark plug seals. I took it out Friday for about 85mi. of mountain roads. It still really GOES !. Last year at this time it was not drivable due to some smog issues. It had been parked for 4 yrs. ...J.D.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

That is a leak they all get sooner or later. Mine was done at about 140,000mi. Really got a chance to wring this thing out on a couple of spots on the trip Friday. You would never know it is 22yrs. old.:love:...J.D.

Probably better off just grabbing a 6G75 and stuffing in there, relatively straight forward swap. No replacement for displacement, a bit more torque to work with compared to the 6G72.
Probably never happen. The car runs too good to tinker with right now. By the time it is in need of engine work, I will probably get rid of it. These cars are not really worth putting a lot of money or work into. But they are inexpensive entertainment while they last. ...J.D.