Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't notice many people riding Hondas unless it's an F4i but I thought I'd ask here, anyway. Is the lack of interest because of Honda's super gay pricing and super difficult financing or is there something wrong with the bikes?

The reasons I want to sell my Triumph are A) I want something newer, B) the previous owner beat my bike to shit, C) I'm really, REALLY tired of hunting down hard-to-find parts and fixing stuff on it, D) fuel mapping problems out the ass. So basically, I want something fast, stylish and reliable. Thanks in advance :) Oh, and please stick with dispensing advice about the 600RR and not your personal love for Suzuki, Kawi or whatever. I'll consider those if the 600RR has some inherent flaw.

·
Registered
61 Posts
one of my friends at work owns one, and the only problem I know he had was the fuel running a little too rich not long after getting it but that was fixed pretty easily by the place where he bought it.. i thought it was a pretty sweet bike:bigthumb:

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just cruising and down the road I plan on maybe doing some track days as time and finances permit. I don't do any of that stoppies/wheelies/Biker Boyz shit.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one of my friends at work owns one, and the only problem I know he had was the fuel running a little too rich not long after getting it but that was fixed pretty easily by the place where he bought it.. i thought it was a pretty sweet bike:bigthumb:
Do you know how she was as far as riding comfort? I'm 5'9 and 165 lbs if you need a reference. I don't like the Kawi Zixxers 'cause they're raked so steeply to reach the bars and the seat's high off the ground (to the point that I'm not sure if lowering the rear will still let me put my foot on the ground flat). How do the clutch and gearbox feel?

·
Low and Slow.
1,803 Posts
My friend had an older 600RR and loved it. Hes 5'9" and about 150lbs, and said its the best bike hes ever ridden due to power and comfort. He owns a GSX-r 600 now, but is hoping to be on a newer CBR 1000RR come spring time. The seat sits a bit lower, and has more bottom end power he says.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah, I thought about getting a liter bike but after lugging my heavy ass Triumph around (weighs 480 lbs dry :ugh: ), I ain't dealing with another pig. Any new(er) 600cc crotch rocket's got plenty of power, in my opinion.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
I researched bikes a bit, and it seems for the year of 2007, the 600RR is a great street bike to ride. I went to the dealer ship to check one out, and they are pretty comfy, I'm 6'1" and 210lbs. It was pretty comfortable for me, when I sat on it.

·
n00b hater
5,255 Posts
My brother-in-law has a 2006 or 2007 600RR. Can't remember off hand. It's the black and orange. I thought the bike was AWESOME especially when it was compared to mine. It is super light. You will love it I think kabob. I was amazed when I rode it. It is fast and responsive, pretty comfy, in which I was very shocked because I love my Suzuki's. The wheel base IMO I though was a bit shorter than what I was acustomed to, but I liked it alot. More nimble and manuverable than my Zuki600

·
Boobs
989 Posts
Hondas are built like tanks (not in a heavy way but built solid). I find them quite comfortable. Compared to your current bike it is going to feel 10 times faster, lighter and more flickable. I have personally never owned the 600rr (have ridden friends) seeing I love Suzukis but I dont think you can really go wrong with the 600rr.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you know how she was as far as riding comfort? I'm 5'9 and 165 lbs if you need a reference. I don't like the Kawi Zixxers 'cause they're raked so steeply to reach the bars and the seat's high off the ground (to the point that I'm not sure if lowering the rear will still let me put my foot on the ground flat). How do the clutch and gearbox feel?
well i'm 5' 9" and 165 as well but his bike is the only one i've ever driven so I wouldn't be able to tell you much other than it was really easy to get used to.. i definitely wanted to get one after driving it

·
Bringing sexy back
4,644 Posts
It's my choice for a bike when I get the chance. I never really liked the under tail exhaust for the longest time, but now it has grown on me and looks so much more fluid on the bike.

I'd get one in a heartbeat

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
WHy dont you go for a f4i? Its more nimble from rr, even lighter and more comfortable as far as crusing goes. They look alomst as good as the rr too.

A good friend has the 06 600rr in all black and i got an older 02 f4i. Two downsides we both noticed is that the bike will sometimes get stuck in a gear, meaning if you're downshifting from high gear like 6 to a 1 lets say, the bike might not always go all the way to 1 on the same clutch pull and leave u stuck in like 2 or 3 until you clutch ingage/dissingage it to go lower again. Rarely but it happens.

Second theres a rattle sound at a certain rpm, kinda raspy sound coming from a small part that it knocking around the block. I forgot what its called, if you look around the cbr forum you'll find the reference there. Apparently its an easy and cheap fix with an aftermarket part (like $10). My f4i has it and my buddies rr has it too but we never fixed it. Idk why they don't correct if from the factory :dunno:

The f4is downside comes in on highways. While you sit more conftable on the bike, you sit more upright than the rr so the wind has a greater effect.

Clutch is kinda rough/strong so it takes a little bit to learn to revmatch the gears right to make it smooth. Although im pretty sure that we can slide in gsxr clutch if it bothers u.

Overall both great bikes, mine at 20k now and running strong. IM working my ass of right now to save up money and in spring sell the f4i for a brand new rr, and take care of it from 0 miles. Never heard a bad thing about these bikes.

Hope that helps in your decision.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The F4i feels like a lighter version of my TT600, that's why. It's just not very sporty and is pretty balls slow. What makes you say the F4i is more nimble than the 600RR?

·
n00b hater
5,255 Posts
WHy dont you go for a f4i? Its more nimble from rr, even lighter and more comfortable as far as crusing goes. They look alomst as good as the rr too.

A good friend has the 06 600rr in all black and i got an older 02 f4i. Two downsides we both noticed is that the bike will sometimes get stuck in a gear, meaning if you're downshifting from high gear like 6 to a 1 lets say, the bike might not always go all the way to 1 on the same clutch pull and leave u stuck in like 2 or 3 until you clutch ingage/dissingage it to go lower again. Rarely but it happens.

Second theres a rattle sound at a certain rpm, kinda raspy sound coming from a small part that it knocking around the block. I forgot what its called, if you look around the cbr forum you'll find the reference there. Apparently its an easy and cheap fix with an aftermarket part (like $10). My f4i has it and my buddies rr has it too but we never fixed it. Idk why they don't correct if from the factory :dunno:

The f4is downside comes in on highways. While you sit more conftable on the bike, you sit more upright than the rr so the wind has a greater effect.

Clutch is kinda rough/strong so it takes a little bit to learn to revmatch the gears right to make it smooth. Although im pretty sure that we can slide in gsxr clutch if it bothers u.

Overall both great bikes, mine at 20k now and running strong. IM working my ass of right now to save up money and in spring sell the f4i for a brand new rr, and take care of it from 0 miles. Never heard a bad thing about these bikes.

Hope that helps in your decision.
I have to disagree. A good friend of mine has the F4i, which is a nice bike don't get me wrong. But after riding my brother-in-laws RR, it was impressive. The F4i in comfort level is not very good compared to the RR. At least in my opinion. I had an 87 Hurricane at one point and the only complaint I had with it was the comfort. Seats were like sitting on a bag of rocks and nothing seemed to have changed throughout the years even up to the F4i. Which is another reason why I enjoy the Suzuki lineups not only because of the looks but of the comfort. I'm 6'0" and 180lbs and the RR gave me the best of both world like my Zuki. I can sit upright with ease and cruise for a long period of time or drop down and get into it. It was fast and the short wheel base made it more nimble than even the F4i or even my 600.

In regards to the gearing, I didn't have ANY problems with the shifting. And thats what I meant by being so responsive. I damn near redlined it no problem wacking through the gears and the downshifting was so smooth it was ridiculous. Hammering down gears from 6 to 1 is NEVER a good thing based on what I was reading since you have NEUTRAL between 1st and 2nd. Thats going to do damage on any bike. I might have read it wrong or took it the wrong way though. Unless you meant the F4i. :dunno:

IMO kabob, not like it matters a whole bunch, :lol: , I think you would be very happy with the 600RR. For having a stock exhaust system, it sounds pretty nice and nothing weird sounded about it. My in-law ripped past me one day while cruising and when he opened it up, all I could say was damn. :lol: For once I can honestly say that if I could buy another bike, a NEW bike, the RR would be it. If I buy another used bike, which may happen soon, I'll have to get my GSXR 750, since Katie wants to learn how to ride a bike. :D

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Dude seriously, they're all pretty much the same. Speed-wise they are all so close it's always a drivers race. My word of advice for you is to pick which one you find the most comfortable, best looking, and best financing plan for your budget. I picked my bike because I got a great deal on financing and because when I first saw it I was like "that's fucking sweet". Take them all for a test drive too, that's the best way to learn.

·
Boobs
989 Posts
Two downsides we both noticed is that the bike will sometimes get stuck in a gear, meaning if you're downshifting from high gear like 6 to a 1 lets say, the bike might not always go all the way to 1 on the same clutch pull and leave u stuck in like 2 or 3 until you clutch ingage/dissingage it to go lower again. Rarely but it happens.

Just an FYI, its never a good idea to go from 6th to 1st all in one motion. If the revs and or speed are to high it wont let you put it in a lower gear. Buy trying to force it you could end up doing more harm then anything.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Just an FYI, its never a good idea to go from 6th to 1st all in one motion. If the revs and or speed are to high it wont let you put it in a lower gear. Buy trying to force it you could end up doing more harm then anything.
Its not trying to hammer down the gears while still at highway speeds. Its when you're at like 20mph or coming to a stop and in 4th gear lets say, sometimes trying to drop back to one wont happen without clutching the gear that gets stuck in. There is no forcing.

Anyway this is all opinions, both bikes sit different, and i think f4i sits with less strain on the shoulders and back, thus being more confortable.

·
Boobs
989 Posts
Its not trying to hammer down the gears while still at highway speeds. Its when you're at like 20mph or coming to a stop and in 4th gear lets say, sometimes trying to drop back to one wont happen without clutching the gear that gets stuck in. There is no forcing.

Anyway this is all opinions, both bikes sit different, and i think f4i sits with less strain on the shoulders and back, thus being more confortable.
Sorry I miss understood, I thought you meant just banging down gears from high speeds. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts