Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hello :)
4,866 Posts
Well if you don't have the Cf hood you don't really need them. I got the stock hood with hood pins that were already on it and they are located above headlights more the fenders. I can't take them off because i would have 2 hole sin the hood so I just left them the way they are. If you do decide to put them on , put them more towards the fender above the headlights and don't buy some cheap APC but go with the Sparcos. I have the cheapest ones and they rusted like hell just after one winter!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Then again, I dont even have the hood yet, its currently being shipped. If the holes werent already drilled, I would have no idea what Id be doing

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
What type of hood pins are you talking about? I think it would depend on the type of pins. Carbon Fiber Hoods by Deft Racing, VIS, Seibon, gauges carries some that I like. They are more low profile and don't have all that flashy chrome/steel hardware, plus they are lockable (key).

·
3g -> LGT
738 Posts
just do NOT drill in the brace the the bumper bolts into...i drilled into my condenser that way.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Ive got a carbon fiber hood. This car is going to get tracked alot and need to know if there is a difference in where you place them.
And here I thought we were buds????????

Just ask or look at pics posted, or not! LOL

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Uh, why do you need hood pins? The stock latch is more than sufficient to hold down even a lightweight hood at the speeds the Eclipse is capable of.

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Uh, why do you need hood pins? The stock latch is more than sufficient to hold down even a lightweight hood at the speeds the Eclipse is capable of.
my guess not all hoods are quality made and/or badly alined so it doesn't latch. :/

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Then don't buy a shitty hood :lol: Why would you put your life in jeopardy by installing substandard parts on your vehicle?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Seibon won't warrent a hood if it's not pinned. Just stay away from the cheap APC hood pins. They rust really bad.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
FYI, I've had two CF hoods, one latched & the other wouldn't, so pins were the next logical course!
Also tracking the car, if one has a CF hood it must be pinned, rules!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts