Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried this? My main problem since starting my workout is that I can't control my appetite. I want to try and start off with a pill so my body gets adjusted then ween myself off after a few weeks.

Any suggestions? I've read that the Hoodia works pretty well

·
One Lucky Fuck
10,172 Posts
My wife bought some and it is crap. Waste of money.

Drink more water to control your appetite. Eat more filling, healthy foods with a higher fiber content and healthy fats. You will feel fuller longer

·
Call it Karma
2,782 Posts
Stay away from appetite suppressants if you can help it. Do what Wally says and also drink a big glassful of water before you eat a meal if you want to eat less.

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife bought some and it is crap. Waste of money.

Drink more water to control your appetite. Eat more filling, healthy foods with a higher fiber content and healthy fats. You will feel fuller longer
Higher Fiber? Won't that make me crap more too?

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't tried it. What are your goals? What are your stats?
My main goal is to lose my gut. If I lose a good 10-15lbs of fat, I should be good. The problem is I broke my leg 4 months ago, so I am slowly getting back into my normal workout. I can't run yet because of the pain, so I am mostly speedwalking on the treadmill or riding the bike. I just started back last week, so it's going slowly for me

Being in the military, I don't want to put my career on the line and risk getting booted out because of a medical condition. That's why I am going slowly and trying not to re injure myself

·
Um... Yeah!?
32,055 Posts
From what I hear, hoodia is about as effective as a placebo.

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
Hoodia isnt anything great. Garcinia Cambogia might work for you though. But as stated up top. Drink more water and you will be more full. Plus i dont think its ever a good idea to mess with your appetite. Just eat proper foods and you shouldnt have to worry. Eventually you will get used to eating 4-5 small meals a day. Thats the ultimate goal really. I cant even stomach a big meal anymore.

·
One Lucky Fuck
10,172 Posts
Higher Fiber? Won't that make me crap more too?
not really. It will help keep you on a regular "schedule". Most people eat nowhere near enough fiber in their daily diets, so a fiber supplement (pill, powdered drink, whatever) is actually a good idea. Unless you eat 5+ servings of raw fruits and veggies daily, your fiber intake is likely too low

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not really. It will help keep you on a regular "schedule". Most people eat nowhere near enough fiber in their daily diets, so a fiber supplement (pill, powdered drink, whatever) is actually a good idea. Unless you eat 5+ servings of raw fruits and veggies daily, your fiber intake is likely too low
Usually have Corn/Broccoli/Carrots for lunch and OJ, Guava or Pineapple juice for breakfast

·
Call it Karma
2,782 Posts
Vitamins | Supplements

The link provided is on the front page of mensfitness.com. It displays 3 pills that may have benefits and 3 pills that you should avoid...hoodia is one of them.

Cliff notes: Hoodia products contain little or none of the actual plant extract because the development of an adequate hoodia product is ongoing under the British company that holds the patent on hoodia weight loss production.

·
08/05/2008
5,624 Posts
I have no proof to back it up but I have noticed that a cup of coffee keeps me from being hungry. I don't mean a Starbucks 1000 calorie grande either. A simple cup of coffee with a little non dairy creamer and I am good to go.

Just something I noticed as a new coffee drinker.

·
Call it Karma
2,782 Posts
I have no proof to back it up but I have noticed that a cup of coffee keeps me from being hungry. I don't mean a Starbucks 1000 calorie grande either. A simple cup of coffee with a little non dairy creamer and I am good to go.

Just something I noticed as a new coffee drinker.
Green tea seems to do the same for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts